Chapter Three: Marax's POV

A/N: This one is a bit longer. Hope you like it ^_^

I evaporate as her swords fly towards me and I appear next to her putting a dart on the back of her neck injecting her with enough tranquilizer to knock her out. "Maybe if I show some kindness she will listen to me....Hmm?" I look at her and kneels in front of her and moves her white hair out of her face revealing a crescent moon shape on her forehead. "She was his sister...I have to help her." I start to remember the year 1813.

"Come on solider we are moving out!" The general says to me screaming over the sounds of the explosions and gun shots. We were based at Lake Erie fighting against the British army, I look over to my friend. "Ready corporal?" I say looking at him. "Let's go sergeant!" Corporal and I charge of the barracks as the British continue to infiltrate our base. "Come on we can't lose this base this is the last base we need in order to take control of the lake!" I start shooting my riffle and the British soldiers as my friend throws a grenade at them. "Hell yeah let's get us some British scum!" His Texas accent is hard to miss even through all the gun shots.

I take cover with him on the side of a building in the base both our breaths breathing heavily. "We are almost done corporal" I say to him awaiting a response after hearing a close by gun shot. "Corporal?" I look at him then falls to my knees as I see him on the floor with a bullet through his head, then all of a sudden I feel an agonizing pain through my neck.

Falling to the ground I grip my neck trying to stop the bleeding from the gunshot wound. "N-no I can't die!" I try screaming but it only comes out as a whisper. "Don't worry you won't die just yet." A strange voice says. I look up to see a man standing over me. "Wh-Who are you?" I ask weakly as he crouches down in front of me. "I'm a person with a deal... A deal that you should take." He says and he looks at me with his sapphire blue eyes. "You can live if-"I stop him when I heard that I can live. "I accept the deal no matter what the cost." I now realize that that was the worst mistake I have ever made. He grins and sighs. "Ok.... If you say so" Everything goes dark but not like I hoped it would.

As I wake up from the memory I look to see that Mizuki was still passed out on the floor so I carry her to a nearby tree. "I'll let her rest here for now while I go to the lake." I walk down to the lake and look at the crystal blue water as the reflection of the moon shines off it. "It's such a beautiful night tonight. Hopefully she'll be in a good mood when she wakes up." I smile a bit and laugh. "I think she'll just be even more pissed off at me for knocking her out cold." I sigh and my eyes turn a yellow-ish color and I shape shift into a medium sized crow with jet black feathers and sharp talons.

A couple of hours pass and I wake up stretching my wings, cawing and takes off into the air flying upwards and hovers in the air, taking in my surroundings. I fly towards a boulder and land on it as my eyes turn back to their normal hazel color, my body shifting to my normal appearance. "Ah... what a relaxing flight." I pop my neck and crack my fingers yawning. "Man why must I always be so sleepy? I get enough sleep for two people. This is weird always being sleepy." I go for a swim in the lake taking form of a koi fish, swimming deep to the bottom of the lake, looking at all the water life surround me. Japan has such beautiful water life. I think to myself.

A few minutes later I emerge from the lake turning once again to my normal form. "I think that's enough shape shifting for now." I smile and I walk back to the boulder. "I guess I will wait here until she wakes up from her 'nap'." I laugh and relax on the boulder closing my eyes.