Part Two

August 7, 1862
Eren Jaeger, Union Cavalry

We've arrived in Pennsylvania. It was a long way to ride, but messing around silently with Armin, Marco, and Reiner made it a little more tolerable.

We met the captain before we left. He's shorter than me, even shorter than Armin, though he's very intimidating. His stoic stare is enough to make even the most rebellious soldiers comply to orders. As soon as we arrived at the new camp, he assigned everybody to various cleaning jobs.

Again, it's raining. But this time, a majority of us are up. A few are discussing things they heard about future battles, others about Lee and his army. Some are even poking fun at the captain. Jean recieved a letter back fairly quickly, which honestly isn't surprising since its sender lives about 20 or 30 miles south.

I heard that Mikasa was transferred from the New Jersey hospital to one in Virginia. Exactly how she'll get there I'm not sure, but I just hope that she's in a good place.

All the best.

~^~•~^~

Dear Jean,

I forgive you for everything.

You couldn't have helped being drafted into the army, and it's not your fault that you can't be here.

Your mother is doing fine, improving even. She's very supportive of us, and is even encouraging me to eat more than usual. I can't say that I'm displeased with that part. I hope you can be here in a few months when they finally arrive. Just don't get yourself killed.

I love you too, and you needn't apologize for things that aren't your doing.

Please come home soon.

Love,
Sasha

~^~•~^~

August 8, 1862
Annie Leonhardt

Thanks to a few friends in the cavalry, I've arrived at the small house they call a hospital in Pennsylvania. I was told to keep a diary of everything that happens, but I honesly don't want to. Orders are orders though.

I haven't talked to any of the other women here, I just smiled and nodded when one of the older ladies showed me where I'd be rooming with a few other girls, though only one is here. Her name is Hitch, and she doesn't know when to stop talking.

Not much went on today, so I'll just leave this here.

~^~•~^~

Dear Petra,

These soldiers don't know a thing about cleaning. It's like telling a bird not to fly. I will admit that they are very persistent when it comes to riding long distances.

There's one soldier that stands out above the rest- Eren Jaeger. He doesn't complain about anything, not even when I assigned him to cleaning out the stables. Even I don't deal with the disgusting jobs like those.

Please don't worry about me, you know I can push through.

Sincerely,
Levi Riaville
Captain, 104th Regiment
Union Cavalry

~^~•~^~

August 8, 1862
Mikasa Ackerman

Today I started out to Virginia with another brigade in the cavalry. Few were kind, most are drunks that don't do anything productive. I constantly have to remind myself that I did this to protect Eren.

Eren is the only thing I care about. He and his parents took me in happily after I was orphaned. If something happened to him I couldn't live with myself.

I can only hope that things will end up well.