Fallow The Brown Eyed Demon

AN: Cas was never wearing the trenchcoat, just, keep that in mind. Okay? he was wearing a suit like Sam's when he was Lucifer in 2014...There's lots of drama in this one, so yeah.. Enjoy! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Couldn't he just zap us with him?" Sam asked bitterly, sipping his soda and scooting over so cas had more room.

"Why couldn't you just sit in the back?" Dean retorted bitterly.

"Fine." He submitted, crawling out of the car and jumping in back. Castiel didn't move, keeping close to Dean and acting as if he didn't even notice the moose move.

Dean started the car and they didn't get very far before Cas announce, "Wait, pull over here, I have to use the facilities."  Dean looked in the rearview mirror at Sam knowingly.

"Cas," Dean cleared his throat, closing his eyes quickly in annoyance. "I'm sorry, your royal anus, but we aren't going to stop after five minutes of driving so you can 'use the facilities.' Now, I told you that this was going to suck, so just grow a pair for a little while, will ya?" 

Cas moved then, folding his hands on his lap and staring out the window. "My apologies." Sam loked at him saldy, Dean sighing.

"I think you hurt his feelings." Sam whispered, Dean smirking ruefully at his words.

"Cas, I- I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound so harsh it's just, you know, I'm a bit on edge and-"

"It's fine. I was in the wrong." The car ride was silent. I guess you could say that Dean was experiencing sexual frustration for the first time...ever, but he would gladly cut off your head for it. (So I would not go there.) Castiel, on the other hand, was gladly watching Dean's every move; studying the little things he does and keeping them in memory, locked away for safe-keeping. Sam sat in back, now his usual spot, watching the two carefully. He wasn't interested in their relationship, he just loved seeing them together. Cas looked genuinly happy around him, and Dean had a lighter attitude. They had a bond that is very hard to find among strangers. 

Sam fell asleep, leaving Dean up to the enduring a silent car ride or making conversation, and he wasn't fond of either option. "So, Cas, uh..."

"You don't need to speak to me if you don't want to." Cas said absent-mindedly, staring out the window at the night sky.

"I want to." Dean half-lied, pulling into the parking lot and turning off his 67' Chevy Impala. He hit Sam on the shoulder a couple times to wake him up. "C'mon, Sammy. Wake up." He jolted awake, clutching his chest desperately, caughing his head off. "Sammy?" Dean jumped out and opened the passengers side, Cas fallowing and getting there first on his side of the car. He pushed Sam straight up, feeling his coat for something. He went to feel for his temperature, only using two fingers instead. Sam jolted foreward, face sweaty but caughing ceased. 

"What the hell was that?" Sam said breathlessly, looking at Cas.

Cas widened his eyes. "I- I don't know. I just wanted you to be better and you..it worked, I think?" Dean let his head fall onto the seat. "I think the more important question is why he was caughing up blood."

"He wasn't." Dean said protectively, aiming it more at Sam then Cas. Sam was frozen, swallowing. Cas held up his hands, Dean inspecting them and seeing the drying blood covering Cas' palms.  He looked at Sam's mouth, seeing specks of blood around his mouth and on his sleeves. "We'll deal with this later, just, Cas...Cas?" Dean saw him lying beside Sam, hands over his ears whimpering. "Dean! Dean!" Dean ran around the car and held him closely, trying to move his hands away from his fac as he was mumbling intelligably. "Cas, move your hands. Now!" Cas did so, clutching Dean's lapels and tugging hard, knocking Dean closer. Cas nuzzled his head into Dean's chest, crying.  "The hell?" He hugged Cas awkwardly, patting his back and shushing him. "What's up? Hey, you okay?" Dean asked the air, his eyes shut tight.

"Dean, I can hear them." Cas said brokenly, his words cracking in his gravelly voice.

"Who?" Dean pulled him back a bit, opening his eyes and staring at a stunned Sam, then looking at Cas as he was of more concern at the moment.

"The angels." Dean looked back at Sam, who pulled a are-you-kidding-me-what-is-this? face.

"Okay, let's get you to Bobby's, alright? We have a couple miles." Dean helped Cas sit up, but he screamed in a crackling screach and curled into Sam, unable to breathe without whimpering. "You gonna be okay? Sam?"

"Yeah, yeah. Keep Cas by you, though, we don't exactly know anything about angels." Dean rolled his eyes, patting Cas' back and helping him out. 

It felt like forever. Cas had a few more episodes but things started to cool down as they got closer. Castiel had an awful headache and was givng some medication to help with it, which didn't help. he clung to dean's side, head burried in the hunter's chest. Every tiem Sam looked up at them he couldn't help but smile. Dean drove with one hand, the other hand gently massaging the angel's head, tangling in the hair. Cas would ahve fallen asleep if he could. 

When they reached Bobby's house, Bobby was suprisingly glad to see the boys. But then he saw the prince. His mood shifted from happy to nervous. "It's alright, Bobby." Sam told him, clutching a possibly broken rib. "He needs help." Bobby raised his eyebrows, sitting back in the chair at his desk.

"Yeah, Cas here needs to-"

"Cas?" Bobby asked dumbly.

"Prince Castiel the Freaking Angel, then." Bobby turned to Sam who sat on the couch next to him.

He mouthed "Angel?" and Sam just shrugged, responding "He's an angel of the lord. That's all we know."

"And why is he here?"

"Apparently, he's been tuning into 'Angel radio' against his will." Dean huffed.

"And?"

"And we need to know how to...help." Sam suggested.

"Help? What do you want me to do about it? Up until now I had no idea angels even existed."

"Yeah, your telling me."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course we're sure! Look, he just needs a place to bunk for the night while you and Sam work your research-magic."

Cas lifted his head up, looking at the three in confusion. "I- I'm fine. It's just a headache. I'll be fine."

"We don't know that." Dean toid him, eyes full worry. "Maybe we need to ask an expert."

"Yeah, who's an expert on angels?"

"An angel...?" Sam inquired.

"N- No- I refuse to deal with those sons of bitches."

"Dean, you don't even know-"

"Dean? Calling you 'Dean' is okay all of a sudden?"

"I've had a change of heart." Dean snapped.

"We could try." Sam stood, fumbling with his coat sleeves.

"No. I refuse to-"

"Then you don't have to." Bobby said angrily. "We want answers so we're going to do whatever we can to get them. Meanwhile, you can sit here drinkin' your heart out with blind distrust and be of no help whatsoever. And it wouldn't be the first time. C'mon boys."

"I think Cas should stay here." Sam blurted as he fallowed Bobby out.

"What? Why?"

"What if he doesn't remember anything because he's protecting himself? What if they find him and they- they want to kill him?"

"Who would care? That's a risk we' gotta take." Dean had gone to get a beer, not hearing them. Sam looked at Cas quickly, then back at Bobby.

"I think staying here would be for the best." Castiel said, loosening his red tie. 

"Fine. But change out of that damn suit. Maybe Dean can take you shopping or something." Cas nodded, though he had so many questions. Sam and Bobby left, and Cas walked to the kitchen to not find Dean there. Needless to say, he panicked.