Chapter 20

They were walking side by side. They had decided to go futher into the forest to make a new camp. Arieth had been there for a few days, and she had found a small cottage build of wood and rocks. It wasn't in it's best state, but it would have to do. "So", Thranduil started saying. "Are you gonna tell me why you are here?". "Oh, I, well... I can't", she said. "I told you my story", Thranduil said. "I guessed your story", Arieth corrected him. "And I feel like there are some parts missing, some things you are not telling me". "All right", Thranduil sighed. "I'll fill in the rest...", he took a deep breath. "I'm from Greenwood. My last name is Oropherion. I'm here because of a fight I had with my father. And yes, leaving was not my intention, but something I had to do, both for me, and for someone I haven't met yet". "Oropherion? You mean as in king Oropher of Greenwood the Great? He's your father?", Arieth stared at him with big eyes. "Yes, that would be him", Thranduil said. "That will make you a prince", she said. "That's how it normally works", he looked at her. "What did you two fight about? Who is this someone you haven't met yet?", Arieth was dying of curiosity. "You're a nosy little elf, aren't you?", Thranduil smiled. "Well, yes, it's in my nature", she laughed. Thranduil's heart started beating faster again. Hearing her laugh made him all warm inside. He knew leaving his home was the right choise, because he would never have met this elleth if he hadn't. "My father wants me to marry someone I've never met... To unite Greenwood with another elven kingdom", Thranduil looked at her. Arieth stopped and stared in front of her. "What is it? What's wrong?", he asked. "Arieth snapped out of her stare. "Oh, nothing, I thought I saw something, but it was nothing". They continued walking. Arieth's blood was rushing through her vains like beating adrenaline. It was him.