Chapter 2

Megan's POV

Him coming here is totally insane. What is he thinking? Philippines has never been his place to visit.

That was I know of.

I do not know if I wanted to see him or just stay here and find myself a place to hide. Too much to carry it for now, I am having a good life for Pete's sake! He shouldn't come this soonest, or never at all.

Little did I know, this will all be part of my dad's plan. He has not gotten me do what he wants. Therefore, he's sending one signal for his comeback. He should give me a break. Too bad for me to conclude things but I always think of the worst. My life is pretty much a huge mess, so cope with it.

Too much time rotten and I walked away. I don't want to see him now. Yes, we were good friends. But forgive me, I couldn't deal with hypocrites right at this moment. I thought he will not haunt me again, so what is this?

I glanced back and forth and to my suprised I am here at the abandoned building in our campus. It's been a while. Heavy breath escaped from me. I missed this place. I have forgotten how this helped me. Just the same old place -

Lately, I became normal. I felt normal. I acted normal. But now, I guess I have to face my fate. I bitterly smiled.

I grabbed one of the chairs and faced it against the wall. Sitting here has been calming as it had been. I don't know why I find comfort in this place while others find this scary.

Well, I couldn't blame them. Five students gradually committed their deaths here. That is probably the reason why administration isolated this area. Trees have grown.

Suddenly, I heard couple steps from my back. I was stiffened at the moment but tried to compose myself without looking back. After saying all those deaths, I couldn't deny the fact that it's now scaring me.

But few moments after, I heard steps going away from me. Maybe I was just over thinking and captured by the fact I was talking about those students.

Loosen up. I reminded myself.

I sit back again. Thoughts keep on pondering my mind when someone called through my phone.

"Why?" I asked.

"Where are you? You were missing the whole day Megan." Samantha reminded me. Yes I am, this has been an interesting day.

"I'll be there in a while. What's up for calling?" I asked.

"Just comeback here idiot!"

I snorted to her remark. I dropped the call and stood up. Hiding wouldn't be the best key. But staying here had calm the hell out of me. I looked around...

I'll be needing you often. Welcome me as always.

The moment my eyes and Sam met, she furrowed her eyebrows and walked towards me. I don't have the courage to deal with her right now so I didn't mind it.

"Where did you go?" She asked. I heard Ethan give out a sigh.

"You got us worried, Megan. You should let us know where you are hiding." Ethan said being the caring himself.

"Nothing much to worry guys. I'll make it up with you. So what you want to do now?" I tried to lighten them up.

"We're heading down to the gymnasium. Come with us." Samantha said. Gymnasium? What? He is there. I don't want to see him.

"Cou-" I started. "I don't take no for an answer." Sam furiously stated. She grabbed me on my wrist and dragged me to the gym.

I composed myself instead. Be ready.

The gym was filled with loud students. There were all shouting as if some kind of actor is here. Not to mention, it was just him. I couldn't help but to feel disgust to even mention him.

I don't know how they found these seats but that is least to what I should be thinking right now. What should be the face I'm wearing when he will see me? I couldn't look affected by his presence. He deserves no picks.

"The president's son is here! Everyone is talking about him. I hope I could meet him." Sam said in excitement. I rolled my eyes instead. Here she is again, being a fantard - fan retard.

I don't know what to feel when Mr. Robert Anderson, our school president, started his speak.

"We are asking everyone to stand up as we start our-"

My phone rang and I felt some sort of relief.

"I have to take this." I excused myself to Sam and Ethan.

"Kuya?" I answered the call.

"Are you busy bunso? Tapos na ba ang class mo?" He asked sweetly. I smiled.

"Yes kuya. Why? Do you need something?" I asked nicely.

"No. If you could just come home early, I'll be so grateful for that." He said.

"I'll be there in few minutes." I excitedly exclaimed. I couldn't suppress the joy of missing him. We barely hang out lately because of his busy schedule. But him, being my brother, knows how to make time for me.

Instead of going back to the gymnasium. I bid my goodbye to Sam and Ethan through text and explained them my sudden escape. It is indeed an escape.

I was extremely excited to come home. "Kuya..."

"Finally! Come here bunso." He said and I walked towards him.

He hugged me tight and he said,"I have a gift for you."

"For what? I mean, it isn't my birthday neither anything special close this time." I said.

"It's actually not just for you. But for mom too. Here." And handed me his bank passbook.

I opened it and got my eyes widened, "What are these?"

"It is indeed surprised you. I got my first client this morning. And he chose my design which I made year ago. To my surprise, he paid me in full already. And he said he wouldn't mind giving me an extra once he sees the house ready." He excitedly said.

I hugged him tight and said, "I'm so proud of you kuya! Keep this to yourself for now."

"No bunso. This is for us. You and Mom are my inspiration. Not to mention dad but he is too." He calmly stated. He knows how I hate my father. He never mentioned anything to me.

"And I have another surprise." He exclaimed.

"What is it?" I can't help but smile.

"Cha-ran!" He said while waving my favorite.

"Macaroons!" I said. I've been craving for those. But we couldn't afford as such. Not like before.

"I expect this..." He said amusing.

We stayed in our small living area talking and laughing. We watched movies as we used to. Oh how I missed doing these such things. Once again, I became his little princess.

Suddenly out of no where he said, "I wish you all the best. Be strong princess, I hate seeing you hurting. I love you."

What's with that?