The Basics

I was abruptly woken to my stomach rumbling. Looking around, for a second I didn't know where I was, but then I remembered the TARDIS, and the Doctor. I slowly stood up, for my back and shoulders were rather stiff, from sleeping on the floor. I had no idea where to find food, I had never seen any in the TARDIS while I had been wandering around, but I quickly saw a door that had not been there before, and I suspected that the TARDIS was once again caring for my needs. Sure enough, when I opened it, there was a simple kitchen inside, with a refrigerator, an oven, cabinets, and several counter-tops. Upon opening the fridge I saw some bread, peanut butter, and an apple, which I quickly prepared and had toast and an apple for breakfast. After my meal, which had been small but it did the job in filling me up, the TARDIS informed me that the Doctor and Donna were out, and it was safe to walk around. However, once I got to the main control room, the TARDIS locked the doors, so I coudnt get out. That was weird, the TARDIS never kept me inside, but it soon explained itself. In the TARDIS's own little way of telling me things without speaking, it told me that this time it was to dangerous, and to do final checks. I wasnt sure what it meant by 'final checks', but when it directed me to a little hanging screen over by the contorl board, I soon undrestood. On the screen was information about where we where, when we were, and how many life forms were there. The TARDIS walked me through a thorough scan of the surrounding area, and I learned that we were currently in an extremely large, high-tech library, and by checking carefully, the TARDIS picked up signs of the 'Vashta Nerada', an extremely deadly species that hides in shadows, and can devour entire humans in a matter of seconds. Now I knew what the TARDIS was talking about, I wasnt so sure I wanted to go out those doors now. But apparently the TARDIS wasnt done yet with its' little lesson. It told me how to move the TARDIS in space by turning this knob and switching that lever. It was all rather complicated, and I wasnt to sure that I would ever get it right. But after about an hour, I felt that I had memorized which buttons to push and what lever to pull in order to move the TARDIS in space alone, nevermind in time. Sadly, my lesson was ended when the Doctor and Donna came back in, and I had to flee to my little library. But  I was shocked to see that the library was gone, and in its place, a quaint room with a small table, a twin-sized bed, and one of the strange round things that the TARDIS had in the control room on one of its walls. Curious, I walked up to the round, almost mirror-like thing, and I quickly ducked, my heart racing, when I saw the Doctor and Donna through it, it wasnt a mirror, it was a window! However, I was soon reassured by the TARDIS that this was, in fact, a mirror, however, it was only one way, therefore they could not see me. I put my trust in the TARDIS and stood up to look out the window, and sure enough, even though there were facing my way, they didn't not notice me. For a while I watched the Doctor fly the TARDIS, and I felt a sense of pride when I was able to figure out what coordinates he was flying to, if not the year or the place. As I watched, the TARDIS told me exactly what he was doing, and why he was doing it. It was actually just as effective as having the TARDIS walk me through it, for now I could see what the Doctor was doing. Still clinging on to my childish fantasy of seeing the stars, I watched intently, trying to memorize each lever he pulled and what knob he turned and when he pushed a button. When the TARDIS landed and they went outside, I went down into the control room to try to mimic what they had done. To my surprise, I was actually able to remember pretty well how he flew it, perhaps a good memory was one of the perks of being a 'time lord' or whatever. I made good use of the time I had, doing the final checks, though I hadn't seen the Doctor doing those. The TARDIS actually helped me along when I couldn't quite remember all the details of it, but by the time the Doctor and Donna got back, I felt rather proud of myself, for I had learned the basics of flying the TARDIS. I continued these lessons for many days, and once I had gotten the controls and their purposes memorized, I spent most of my time at the library, reading about different planets and alien species. But on the days where I couldn't keep up with this rigorous schedule, I would slip outside the TARDIS and explore wherever and whenever we were. All in all, it was great fun, and I rather enjoyed it, though I could never really shake off my sense of adventure, I wanted to travel everywhere, do everything! Within a month, I had learned how to expertly fly a TARDIS, though to my dismay, my training wasn't over yet. I learned how to manipulate and build many different machines and devices, with a wide range of purposes. Though it was interesting, my mood was always dampened whenever I saw a gun of any sort, for it reminded me of the fellow soldiers that I had left behind. Though it was all worth it, for after an exhausting two and a half months, I was an expert on the TARDIS and a wide range of machines, planets, and aliens. And throughout my training, I thanked my lucky stars that I was a time lord, for I seemed to seldom forget things, which was a highly useful skill. Through thick and thin, the TARDIS had always been there to help me, and I actually considered it a close friend of mine.