Morning kisses

The couple woke the next morning still spooned together, their toes reaching out towards the breezy morning cold under the blanket.

"Morning Merlin." Came Arthur's soft voice behind his ear. Merlin gave a loud yawn whilst replying. "Morning!"

They wrapped the blanket tightly around them to catch a few more minutes together, the peacefulness of the birds singing outside keeping them calm. Merlin buried his head into the pillow, bringing the blanket towards him.

"Merlin!" Arthur called pulling the blanket back over to his side. They pulled on the blanket back and forth until Arthur tugged it so hard it fell from Merlin's hand and he rolled off the bed, bringing Merlin with him. They landed in a heap on the floor laughing, when the door creaked open.

"Ssh." Arthur cupped his hand over Merlin's mouth to quiet his laughter. "I'll get rid them, make sure you're not seen!" He whispered against his ear. Arthur stood up from the floor and held onto the side of the bed to steady himself.

"Arthur?" Gwen was standing by the door holding a tray full of breakfast. "Is everything okay?"

Arthur realised that he was still half naked! He leaned down and pushed Merlin off the blanket, wrapping it around himself. "Yeah, fine!" He replied smiling. "Never better!"

"Right? I'll leave your breakfast here then shall I?" She placed the tray down next to the still full table from yesterday's dinner. She looked back at Arthur questioningly.

"Wasn't hungry!" He excused.

"Oh. It's just, the table's set for two?" She stated in confusion.

"So it is!" He panicked, trying to keep conversation short. He felt his cheeks blush.

Gwen suddenly turned with an emphatic look. "Ah!" She marvelled. "Arthur, have you been sneaking a girl into your chambers?" He bit his lip and returned another awkward smile. "You can tell me." She encouraged, tidying away the plates.

"Yeah something like that." He said scratching his back.

"And... What's her name?"

"Erm..." He looked around for some sort of inspiration. He saw his book of Greek mythology placed on his bookshelf. "Medusa." He replied without thinking.

Gwen gave him a strange look. Merlin started laughing again before gently being kicked by Arthur's foot, telling him to stop.

"Right! Well I'll see you later."

Arthur waved his hand as she departed from the room and closed the door behind her.

"Medusa." Came Merlin's voice. "That's the best you could think of! So I have crazy green, snakes for hair do I?!" He created a snake like motion with his hands as he stood up and tickled Arthur. They clumsily fell back onto the bed, their legs intertwining as Merlin fell on top.

"Sorry Merlin!" Arthur teased, messing up the servants hair with his hand. "But I'm sure you'd still look just as handsome if you did!" He rested his arms around Merlin's shoulders as he turned him back over, gently kissing his nose and his lips as he did so.

"Arthur!" He replied, blushing.

"Well I'm allowed to spoil you now!" Said Arthur tickling Merlin's nose with his own. "I was wondering, if you'd like, if you wanted to go for a picnic later- with me?"

"Will we actually eat the food this time?" Joked Merlin.

"Well... we won't have to worry about anyone walking in on us like earlier." He said, running his palm along Merlin's cheek. "It'll just be you and me!" He looked lovingly into his ocean blue eyes.

"Yeah, that'd be nice."