Star Crossed (2)

Nicki pulled off the wig and jacket before walking into the building where her condo was located. She made her way to the bank of elevators and pushed the button for the seventeenth floor.

She smiled all the way to her front door and after punching in her code she opened the door and slid open the locked steel door that was behind her front door. She closed the front door and made sure it was locked before sliding the steel door closed and locking it also.

Nicki kicked off her heels and left a trail of clothing as she walked towards her kitchen and grabbed her food. She went over to the microwave and warmed her food. After showering she came back in the kitchen in only a bra and panties, warmed her food for an extra minute and took it out before sitting in front of her big computer screen and logging onto the Trinidadian Government Protection Agency or TGPA for short.

"Is the job done?" her boss Agent Dmitri asked her.

"I'm still working on it." she lied.

"This is taking you too long Onika. You know we have an allegiance with the states but he is becoming a threat. He's just too good and we all know the U.S holds their promises to no one. It'll only be a matter of time before they attack us. If you don't kill him soon, the U.S is going to realize that we are after him and will start a silent war and we can not have that. I might have to send someone else to do your job and I know you don't want that because I know how you and your pride are."

"I know Dmitri...all I need is a little more time."

"I understand that but if you can't have it done by the end of this week, I will make him my personal target and you know I stop at nothing. I haven't did an assassination in over twenty years so I'll be excited. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here,

"Dmitri, I've been informed that I am now on the CIA's hit list. A silent war has already been started. The U.S obviously has one up on you."

"How do you know this?"

"I hacked into his phone...I saw that they had contacted him and I am his target just as he is mine." she lied knowing she'd be executed if she told him the truth.

"Well this shall be fun. Get him before he gets you but anyway, I have a new assignment for you."

"Who?"

"A woman by the name of Kimberly Jones. I think you know of her." he smirked.

A glint of anger flashed through her eyes and Dmitri laughed. Kimberly had been working for TGPA and was the queen. Or had been at least. She had taught Nicki everything she knew and when she became Nicki's understudy, she took a turn for the worst. Nicki hadn't meant for it to happen that way. In fact, Nicki had at one point looked up to her but now all she wanted was to see her dead. No one disrespected Nicki and got away with it ever. Kimberly had been pushed to the back of Nicki's mind even though she promised herself to get her, but now that she was on Nicki's hitlist, Nicki would not rest until she got her.

"Send me the information. I'll talk to you tomorrow." Nicki logged off and walked to the kitchen and threw her takeout box in the trash.

She went into her bedroom and buried herself deep under her blankets and smiled at the night's events while still feeling his hands on her body. Nicki wanted him badly but what was she to do when their love was obviously forbidden?

The next morning she freshened up and put on a pair of black stretching pants and matching light jacket and went for her morning run. When she came back she showered and resumed her place in front of her computer.

"Let's see where you're hiding Kimberly." she said to herself after she skillfully hacked into the CIA database that she had learned to do on her first day of training.

She typed in her target's name and her immediate location popped on the screen. Nicki walked into her kitchen and grabbed her bowl of fruit salad and glass of ice water before walking back into her living room and picking up her phone and dialing Drake's number that' she had gotten courtesy of the CIA database as well.

"I didn't think you would call." was his greeting.

"I crossed my heart didn't I?" she placed the phone between the crook of her neck and shoulder and started working on her new assignment.

"What are we going to do Aubrey? I can't kill you and if you are going to kill me, I'm not going down without a fight."

"I believe in love at first sight. I can't kill you because my heart has fallen in love with you already."

She blushed. "Really? Because if we're being honest, I'd say that I feel the exact same way as you do...but that complicates things further more." her voice reflecting the fact that she was very discouraged.

"We can't talk over the phone."

"I know. We can meet somewhere. I have a new assignment to get started on and I'll call you later."

"Okay. It was nice hearing your voice again."

Nicki giggled. "Bye Aubrey."

"Bye Onika."

She ended the call and got up and put on her clothes for the day.

After that she went back to her computer and got started on her assignment.

"How dumb can she be using a public phone?" Nicki mumbled and got up fom her chair.

She memorized her location and then pulled on a jacket before slipping on yet another wig and leaving to place a tracking device on Kimberly.

That was too easy so after that she called Drake again when she got home and they decided to meet at his place. She decided to dress as her normal self and she could tell he was shocked

No make-up, no costume, no wigs. Just her in a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt that he thought looked adorable on her.

He let her into his house and closed and locked his door.

"You look like the girl next door. Not an agent."

"I've been told." she smiled.

"You did NOT do that!" Nicki laughed in amusement as he was telling her very animated stories of his childhood. In the hours she had been there, they had learned so much about each other like his favorite color was brown. He loved Italian food and he never thought he'd become a CIA agent.

It was getting late so Nicki decided that it was time to go.

"I had fun hanging with you tonight but I have to go."

"Why?"

"It's three in the morning." she sad almost not believing it herself.

"Well stay. I won't kill you in your sleep."

"You don't think that's moving a little too fast or are you just trying to get some pussy?" she asked bluntly which made him laugh.

"No...I want you to stay. After having you here, I don't think that I'd be able to sleep if you weren't beside me."

"Me either." she admitted.

"Well come on." he stood and they walked into the kitchen, set their wine glasses in the sink and he carried her upstairs.

She had changed into one of his t-shirts and they were under the blankets cuddling as the snow fell.

"What are we going to do when they did out about us?" she asked. "My boss Dmitri told me that I have one week to kill you or he'll come after you himself and if they find out about us together, I'll be executed."

"We'll figure it out but I'm not going to let them hurt you. I promise." he reassured her and kissed her forehead.

She moved closer to him and kissed his soft lips.

His tongue sneaked into her mouth and he deepened their kiss immediately making her want more of which he gave her.

After he made love to her she immediately fell asleep but he stayed awake, stroking her hair and racked his brain figuring out solutions to their problems but just as he promised her...before he went to sleep, he too promised himself that over his dead body will be the only time they would be able to hurt her.