Ease On Down

~Michael's POV

I was starting the remake of the Wizard of Oz with Diana, playing the scarecrow. I walked on set with my make up and costume on, to see Rayne sitting in my on-set chair giggling quietly. "Look at your buttercup nose! And your big 'ol feet!" She laughs pinching my nose. I playfully roll my eyes "Yeah, Yeah laugh it up." "You're so cute!" She grins. I stick out my tongue as I walk on set. Diana and I were at my first scene where she takes me off the pole. I stand and loop my arm inside one of the hoops and drape my arm over the other and appear to make myself lifeless. "Action!" The director calls out.

"And the crow commandments?"

"I gotta sing that thing again?"

~Rayne's POV

I watched as Michael sang and acted his little butt off, tapping my feet and silently clapping my hands to his song. "They definitely got the right guy for this role huh?" I hear a voice in my ear. I turn my head to see an older gentleman smiling at me. I nod my head in agreement. "Definitely." I whisper back. "I love the music for the movie. I wonder who the composer is.." I ask. "That would be me!" He smiles. "Quincy Jones, and you are?" He introduces himself, out stretching a hand to me. I shake it politely, "Rayne Fleeson." I smile. "Nice to meet you. I think that Michael could be really great if he tried to go solo, don't you?" Quincy asks me. "Yes!" I say a little too loud, I quickly cover my mouth. The director gives us a silent but stern look. "Being the daughter of a director, I know what that look means.. 'get the hell out of here or shut up.'" I chuckle. I quietly walk away from the soundstage and Quincy chuckles following behind me. "You're a director's daughter? Who? Anyone well known?" He asks. "Gary Fleeson is my dad." I smile. He nods recognizably. "He's got some classic films.. I really think Michael would do great as a solo artist. He has so much potential." Quincy repeats. "He's actually trying to go solo.." I blurt out. Quincy smiles "..is he? I'd love to work with him on an album." "He's working on it.." I continue quietly. Michael rushes to me and Quincy in the middle of our conversation. "We're done for today. One of the parts of the set caught fire and they've gotta rebuild it. Are you ready to go?" "Um... Michael, this is Quincy Jones, he's the composer of all the music in the movie." I wink. Michael smiles, "so nice to meet you Quincy. I love the sounds your using for the music!" "Thank you, I was just expressing to this lovely young lady that I wanted to work with you on music one day." He smiles. Michael's excitement couldn't be contained. He jolted his eyes at me and it was like we were having an internal conversation. I simply grin back. "I would love to work with you!" He enthused. Quincy hands Michael his card. "Contact me, you should hire this one as your PR, she reeled me in perfectly." Quincy jokes, gesturing to me. I laugh slightly, Michael smiles, pulling me in by the waist. "She's better than PR." He leans in for a kiss. I back away, "Uh uh, I don't want a paper cut." I giggle. He gives me a small pout. "I love you though.." I chuckle, sending an air kiss his way. Quincy laughs, "look, give me a call. We'll get together, I'm sure." I smile as Quincy walks off and I was swept off my feet and swung around by Michael. "You're perfect! How did you do that?" He shouts. "Put me down and I'll tell you.." I giggle. We walk back to his trailer so he can change and I explained everything to him.

~Michael's POV

The next morning I went to the home studio to work on dance moves. I took home my costume shoes to practice dancing in them, working on my spins. Rayne comes in quietly sitting on the side watching me. I give her a small wave as I finished the last dance move. I cut off the music and walked towards her. "Look at you, all sweaty.." She flirts. I chuckle and wipe my forehead and attempt to wipe it on her. "Ew!" She laughs. "Good morning." I smile pecking her lips. "Good morning" she echoes. "What are you doing?" She asks. "Trying to get used to dancing in these shoes, you wanna help?" I ask. Her eyebrows knit together in confusion. "How am I gonna help?" I pull her in the middle of the floor. "Stand right here." I walk back over and play the music.

"Come on and, Ease on down
Ease on down the road.
Ease on down
Ease on down the road.

Don't you carry nothin'
That might, be a load
Ease on down
Ease on down, down the road.."

I began dancing around her, but she kept giggling and she was as stiff as a board. "Michael, this is so silly.. I'd rather stand back and watch." she says through her laughter. I grab her hands from behind her, making her move around slightly. "Come on! You gotta move around." I laugh. She burst into another fit of laughter. I stop and look at her. "You're supposed to be helping me." I laugh. "You volunteered me." She says, rolling her eyes playfully. I give her a pleading look until she finally caves. "Fine fine. What do I have to do?" She grins. "Just dance with me. I may do my own thing, but be ready when I come back to you, ok?" I smile. She nods and I restart the song. I grab her hand and begin dancing. She surprised me, she could actually dance. Only bad thing was, she kept laughing at my big feet. I have to admit, they were pretty funny. She even started singing the words. After the song stopped, I laughed as she slid down the wall, trying to catch her breath. "I've got my own little Dorothy.." I joked. She stands up, wiping her forehead and out stretching her hand towards me. "What are you doing?" I say backing away slowly. She began running towards me, "come here Jackson, I just wanna talk to you!" She grins. "No!" I scream running out of the studio into my mother's garden. Rayne chases me all throughout the garden until I finally give in and sit in the grass, both of us completely out of breath. She leans her head on my shoulder, affectionately. "Are you gonna call Quincy?" She asks breathlessly. I nod my head. "Yeah, I'm ready to do this. I don't care what Joseph says. This is apart of my dream." "This is what you should be doing, going after what you want, I'm proud of you. You'll be great Michael, I know you will." She smiles. "I'm gonna write a song about you and put it in the album." I say. "It better be good!" She jokes, standing up. "Where are you going?" I ask. "To take a shower. I don't like being sweaty all day." She calls back. I bite my lip as I watch her walk away, mumbling "ease on down, ease on down the road.." "Yep Jackson, you're in love." I say to myself.