Don't leave me

Percy walked down the hospital hallways to the room where Nico was being held in. According to Jason Nico had suddenly collapsed and now was in the hospital being treated for unexplained heart and lung failure.

    Without meaning to he had developed feelings for the younger boy and now it seemed he would never be able to tell Nico about them.

     "I was an idiot, an idiot. I should've told him when I had the chance but now I'm too late." He chided himself.

     He finally got to Nico's room. "Hey Nico." There was no response except for the ventilator's noise. Percy walked closer. "I'm sorry, I should've been honest with you... But I wasn't." Still no response. Percy sat next to Nico. "I have to tell you something... I... I love you." Percy began to sob. "I really truly love you but I'm too late, too late..." "Percy...?" A small and weak voice squeaked. "Nico?" Percy replied. "Is it true?" "It's true." Without thinking Percy gently picked up Nico and crawled in bed with him. Nico was a tiny thing barely weighing 100 pounds at most. Percy didn't care, he brought Nico close. Nico could hear Percy's heartbeat. The sound was comforting to Nico, until now he had never really had someone who would let him do that. He closed his eyes. Nico sighed giving one last breath and letting himself sink into Percy's arms. The heartbeat monitor feel flat. Percy sighed, he knew what had happened. Nico had died. Nico had died in his arms. Percy began to sob forgetting everything else around him.