The Sorting

Gabriella's POV

"Bye mom! Bye dad!" I hugged my parents before boarding the train with Eleanor and Serena. "Hey Rena, would you like to share a compartment with us?" I asked my sister.

"Why would I want to hang out with you?" She sneered. "Just stay away from me in school. I don't want to be with pathetic losers like yourselves." She said then walked away.

"Well..." Eleanor trailed off. "Let's get a compartment!" She said then dragged me by the arm to an empty one. "What is up with Serena the past summer? She has always been disappearing right after breakfast then comes back late at night!" She said to me as soon as we sat down.

"I know right! I seriously think she's hiding something from us. Something big." I said.

"Hello. Can we sit here?" A girl with bushy hair said, opening the compartment door.

"Of course!" Eleanor and I said in sync. "I'm Gabriella." I said. "And I'm Eleanor." My sister said. "And you three are?" We asked the girl with bushy hair, the ginger boy and the boy with black hair and round glasses.

"I'm Hermione Granger. This is Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter." She said, pointing to each boy.

"Nice to meet you." We chirped.

"Ellie! Will you please turn your hair back to blonde! I don't like you with brunette hair!" I whined.

"No! I do this so that people can tell the difference between us!" She said, patting my head.

"But Ellie!" I pouted and did the puppy dog face.

"No! Not the face!" She covered her eyes. She took a peak and sighed. "Ugh. Fine." She said then used her powers to change her hair color.

"How did you do that?!" Ron asked.

"We're Metamorphmagi." We said together.

"Any more powers?" Hermione raised her eyebrows at us.

"I can control the four elements and revive the dead. Only if the soul is willing to go back to their body." I said.

"And I can speak to animals and change into them." Eleanor said.

"And you're twins?" Harry asked, speaking for the first time.

"Nope. Triplets actually. Our sister, Serena, didn't want to sit-slash-see-slash-speak with us." Eleanor and I said.

"Why not?" Hermione frowned.

"I dunno. She's been like this ever since summer." I said.

The train ride was fun. It mainly consisted of the five of us getting to know each other. Hermione, Ron and Harry told us about their very eventful years in Hogwarts. Five minutes before we arrive, we changed into our robes.

"Firs' years! Firs' years here!" A giant yelled. We followed the short people and sat on the boats. We meaning Eleanor and I. "The firs' years and transfers, Professor McGonagall." He said.

"Thank you Hagrid." She said then went into a speech about the houses and a test. She then led us inside the hall. It was utterly beautiful.

"We have three new students entering their fourth year. Eleanor Hale!" McGonagall called. Eleanor gave me a nervous glance before stepping forward and sitting on the stool.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled.

"Gabriella Hale!"

"Hmm... Yes.. Okay... Smart, very smart indeed. Loyal to your friends and extremely cunning and ambitious. Mischievous, much like tour father. Ahh... You are too hard to sort!" It rambled.

"Should I take that as a compliment or...?" I asked.

"Take it as you like. But you, my child, are very brave! But since you are related to Godric Gryffindor and your friends are all there, I shall place you in... GRYFFINDOR!" It yelled. I let out a sigh of relief before skipping to the applauding table.

"Serena Hale!"

"SLYTHERIN!" It yelled.

"WHAT?!" Eleanor and I exclaim, standing up. "SHE'S RELATED TO GODDAMN GRYFFINDOR AND SHE GETS PUT IN SLYTHERIN?!" We ask in sync.

"Ms. Hale go to your table." A man with black greasy hair and a crooked nose snapped.

"We are at our table!" We shouted at him.

"Serena Hale." He growled. He actually growled.

Eleanor and I cursed under our breath whilst glaring at the rude professor as we sat down. Every person stared at Serena, Eleanor and I in shock.

"We shall continue with the sorting." A calm voice coming from the headmaster said.

"You're related ti Gryffindor?" Hermione hissed at us.

"Yeah. We may or may not have forgotten about that." I rubbed the back of my head.

"How can you forget that?" She asked, slapping Eleanor at the back of her head

"Ow!" We said at the same time, clutching our heads. "Twin connection. It doesn't happen with Serena because she's a fraternal triplet." We said as we saw their confused looks.

"Alright then." Harry smiled adorably.

Wait. Did I say adorably? On no... I can't be... I just met him!

Eleanor looked at me with wide eyes. "Please don't tell me that you used twin telepathy on me." I Pleaded. She nodded sheepishly. "Sleep with one eye open." I glared at her.

"Why? What happened?" Ron asked stuffing his face with food which just arrived.

"She read my mind." I said to them, glaring at my sister with pure hatred.

"Sorry." She giggled.

"Sorry?" I asked furiously and she cowered back in fear making me burst out laughing. "Your face!" I said in between breaths.

"That wasn't funny." She pouted.

"Yes it was." I chuckled.

"Red." She said bluntly. I groaned, understanding what she said. "Blue." She said. I closed my eyes snd imagined my blonde hair. "Perfect." She said.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem." She grinned. "Hey, who is Serena talking to?" She asked. I looked behind me and saw that Serena was talking to a pale boy with blonde hair.

"That's Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." Ron said, glaring at him.

"I'm guessing he's not the nicest of the bunch." Eleanor said and the three nodded.

"Thanks for the heads up." I said to them.

Dumbledore called our attention and began rambling about no Quidditch. It was because Hogwarts was hosting the TriWizard Tournament. Someone yelled, "THAT'S RUBBISH!" When Dumbledore said that that only people 17 above can enter. He then said that the other two schools, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, are getting here on Halloween. Then he dismissed us.

"Goodnight guys." Eleanor and I said in unison before going to the dormitory and climbing into our bed, falling asleep.