Sabr 8

What am I doing here again. 'Silly sister of mine' I sighed as I reached my hand for the doorbell. I wondered what kind of people they were. For, all I was informed by the great little sister of mine was that there was a student who seek a tutor. According to her, I matched the description of the teacher the student was hoping to get tutored from.
"And why exactly do you expect me to do that?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.
"I already told you dee, that poor girl is in need of a tutor. You'll have to help her." A scowl formed on her forehead as she pressured.
I folded my arms and sighed, "it's troublesome."
"Eh? You've been teaching for 2 years now. I thought you got used to it."
"Did I, really?" I shrugged. "You know very well it was an only option left back then. With no experience, I couldn't get job any easily. It was a mere luck I was made a highschool teacher or I'd have been rotting in some nursery school."
"Yeah. That's exactly what I am pointing at. I mean, do you think it's possible for you to get employed now. It'll be even more difficult. Look at the circumstances we are in. With maa and paa both bed ridden and no male head, we are falling apart. It naturally falls upon you to look out for us." She shook her head, mimicking my pose.
"I am very well aware of that little sister!" I ruffled her hair.
"So then, what's the big deal? I am suggesting you a very good job. You just have to teach a student. That's what you've been doing, your comfort zone, I suppose."
"Hmm."
"Oh come on dee. This one time, untill you get back a solid job."
"Well, if you are insisting on it then I'll go for it. It's only till I find a suitable permanent job, understood?" I emphasized the last part.
"Aye aye captain, understood!" Aliya saluted cheerfully making me smile.
"Between, what kind of student is she?"
"Oh that, you don't have to worry. She's someone I know." The same mischievous grin again.
Standing in front of the door, I could sense something fishy in the air. I knew Aliya was up to something. But couldn't figure out what until the door opened and a familiar face beamed at me.
"Chelsy? This is your house?" I wasn't as surprised as I should have been. After all, I was used to the silly naughtiness of my sister.
"Teacher, you're here." She stepped aside to let me in.
"Yes, if it's you then I think it won't be as troublesome as I thought." I pondered as I made my way in. The air smelled really nice. It was fresh and cooling. When I took in the view, it was green everywhere.
"Am I in a jungle? Or... could I be in a paradise!"
Chelsy's giggle dragged my attention towards her, "It's healthy, you know. My brother likes it green."
"So I see." I was in awe. It sure was a very beautiful place to live in, though it seemed more like a garden than a home. The hall was spacious with creepers creeping up the walls to the roof. Flower plants bordered the room and the beautiful view from the outside was clearly visible through the glass walls. The chirping of the birds added a very heavenly feature.
"It's refreshing, really. You must have good time studying in an environment as peaceful as this."
Where I was expecting a positive answer, she huffed. "Sure! Huh, easier said than done."
"Well, now that I am here, you won't have to worry about it." I smiled meekly at her.
"Let's do our best."
She nodded. Then she guided me towards her room. Though small in size, it was warm and comfy. The interior was made up of wood which made it appear more welcoming.
"Pretty neat, I must say." I appreciated.
"Yeah. Thanks."
"So, where do we start?"
"I made a study timetable in hope to go according to it. I think, it'll go smoothly like that."
"Why not? It's a great idea. What are we waiting for. Let's begin."

Time passed way too quickly than I thought. One moment the day was bright with the sun few hours from setting and the next moment, darkness had already crept the sky. I could see few bright stars twinkling and a crescent moon as glorifying as ever. Who'd have thought I'd be sitting here today, on my first day of job with Chelsy!
"I am done!" She exclaimed.
"I think it's enough for today. You did well."
"All thanks to you. You really are a great teacher." Expressing her kindness, she smiled ever so warmly. Aliya wasn't wrong at all. Not this day.
"I'll be off then." I greeted and made my way out of the room. Descending down the stairs, the house looked rather lonely. It was silent with not even a single sound. I wondered where her family members were.

The moment I reached my abode, Aliya, like usual, bombarded me with questions.
"How was your day?"
"Quite cool. All thanks to you." I poked her cheek gently.
"So, how did you like the student?"
"Don't act like you know nothing, Aliya. I must say, you are quite good at this."
She laughed, "That I am."
The walk back home was tiring. Though it is winter, the heat from all the work gets in to me everytime. As I was about to retire for the day, my cell phone rang.
"Hello." I picked up the call.
"Is this Miss Sahla?" A man's voice enquired.
"Yes it is."
"I am Chelsy's brother."
"Chelsy's brother?" I asked unsure. It was quite surprising how I forgot about that incident with Khalid so easily. It was not until he mentioned his name,
"I am Hayden. I am sorry I wasn't present at home today. I hope I didn't appear rude."
"Ah! No, not at all." It was awkward because I didn't want to face or talk to him, after what happened . I thought it was embarrassing.
"How was my sister? Is she responding well?" There was clear concern in his voice.
"Yes. You need not worry about her. In fact, I found her excellent. I wonder why she even needs a tutor!"
"That's very nice to hear. Although, she seems off lately. I have no idea what's causing her to act like this. She refuses to talk to me about it."
"Is that so? She was responding quite well to me." I replied. Now that I think about it, she actually didn't talk too much today. Which was good on my part. But her usual charm was missing.
"Well then, she must like you. I hope you look after her along with her studies."
"That'd be no problem." I assured.
"I am glad you could make it. I'll make sure to send someone to pick you up from tomorrow."
"Uh, that's no problem. I can walk there."
"Alright then. Good talking to you. "
"Yes. Thank you."
The line went off after that. It was really weird talking to someone so formally. Especially if it's some one you don't want to face.
I really hoped to get a job soon. It'd clear up most of the problem.
Or perhaps, make things even more tideous. Allahu alam!