Sabr - 6

My eyes were yearning for help. They were pleading everyone present here to have pity on a soul for once. For the monsters that we humans are, I know it was hopeless of me to expect help coming from any of them. Tears were bleeding down from my eyes humming a dirge. Still hoping for a human heart to come forward and end this dolour, end this doleful situation. I was in despair and was about to give up due to the despondency. But a tiny yet furious voice rose from amidst the crowd and out came my little sister, burning red with anger. I felt relieved at her sight. I tried to gather the little bit of hope that was left in me to wipe my tears away. I had to maintain a positive attitude if I really want to get out of this trouble.

Khalid was deliberately trying to aggravate the already worse situation. He was trying to provoke those who stood for my aid. I know Aliya and I weren't enough to stand up against a man like him. Just then, a boy stood like a shield in front of Aliya. My heart started cavorting, it was racing, pumping blood more faster than ever. I had never felt more grateful and pleased to see someone in my life until now. But when the person faced me to ask,

"Are you okay?" My eyes went wide. I didn't know how to react or what to say.

"Hey are you okay?" Someone tugged the sleeve of my coat. I looked on my right and not surprisingly found Chelsy standing by my side. She had her eyes contemplating my face, examining the little changes in my facial expression. I couldn't respond to her. I remained frozen on the platform. But a sudden snigger startled my consciousness.

"I must say, this is quite a show! Well mister, I bet you are somehow related to them?" Khalid asked the man, pointing his finger in my direction.

"Actually that doesn't matter!" The person replied in a very cool manner.

"Well in that case," Khalid walked past the guy, straight towards me. Once again, he grasped my wrist and started to drag me away. I stumbled due to the sudden force.

"No!" Aliya caught hold of my free hand, preventing me from falling down. Khalid stopped and turned around. He really looked mad this time.

In a monstrous tone, he said "I think I already mentioned that I don't like interferences in my work!" He started slowly. By the end of the sentence, his volume rose.

The person in the back cleared his throat diverting Khalid's attention towards him.

"What now?" Khalid grunted.

"Well I'll be glad if you leave them alone."

"Are you trying to order me?"

He scratched his nape then replied, "sort of like, yeah!"

"Pffft nice try mister. But I don't take orders, I give them." Khalid scoffed. The person raised his eyebrows in amusement.

"I see. Why don't you give it a try then?" I could see the smirk he was hiding.

"Brother no..." Chelsy had a worried frown plastered on her face. When she called that person 'brother', my heart skipped a beat.

"No little sis, this person here needs someone to teach him a lesson, a very tough one indeed." He cracked his knuckles and prepared himself for a fight. The environment was heating up. The crowd had now formed in to a tumult. People were whispering and chattering, betting on who would win.

"If that's what you want then be it!" I gulped, comprehending the seriousness in their words. I know I was the root of this cause so I had to be the one to put an end to it. As both of the men leaped forward to attack each other, I obstructed their punches by standing in between them.

"Khalid, please stop!" I pleaded him. Hoping that he will stop, for I believed that every human has a heart no matter how bad that person be. A human is a human. But he ignored me and carried on with his punch. And I also believe that there's a lot of difference between being a human and having humanity.