I

"I was born in Miami. I lived in Miami until I was 18. Prior to leaving the city, I found a job working as a waitress. There was this diner down the road from my school and they hired me the minute I walked in. It wasn't a great job, didn't pay well but it occupied my mind from school and home life. It was the job that changed my life. It was where I met my soul mate. "

"I walked into the diner one night, ready to start my shift. It was pretty empty as always, mostly filled by truck drivers making quick pit stops. I was behind the counter, bored playing around on my phone when this one customer walked in. She was beautiful. Her hair was gripped back but I could tell straight away how long and soft and wavy it was. Her eyes were this captivating green that made you completely lose track of your surrounding. I know because it's what happened to me. "

"She sat at a table and I slowly walked up to her. I started staring at the girl a little too long and I think she noticed it too because she awkwardly chuckled. "

"'Hi stranger'." Those were the first words she ever spoke to me and I almost passed out at the raspiness of her voice. It was so beautiful and smooth and it had the poorer to lull me to sleep every night."

"I was at a loss for words and the only thing thing I managed to get out was 'hi'."

"We simply kept looking at each other until I felt awkward and left. I admired her from afar that night and every night after. She would walk in, order coffee and sit there until closing time. I wasn't sure why but she never spoke to me and I was too awkward to say anything back. "

"A few weeks later I was heading to school with my friend Ally and we were talking about her boyfriend when out of nowhere, I saw her. Her hair was curly and dark and she was talking on the phone. She didn't notice me so I kept looking at her, the way she played with her thumb ring and how the choker around her neck complimented her skin perfectly. I only looked away when Ally nudged me, asking me who she was. I simply shook my head and walked away, not wanting to share my little story just yet. "

"Ally would constantly ask me who the girl was and why I was staring but I always blushed and kept quiet. I think she might have guessed that I liked her a little bit. "

"Another evening at the diner and another evening of me sending heart eyes to the green beauty. I had never thought of myself as gay, but then again I had never come across someone like her in my life. "

"I was pouring coffee into her cup this one night when I got completely lost in her beauty while she looked back at me. She looked terrified all of a sudden and that's when I noticed that I had spilled coffee all over her! I was petrified, I had made a fool of myself. I ran to the kitchen to quickly grab a cloth but when I came back, she was no longer sat there. I felt my heart break, thinking that I had scared her away for good. I noticed a napkin on the table and picked it up. My heart raced as I read the note - I'm sorry I had to leave, I lose track of time when I look at you. You're just so beautiful. I still had to change my clothes so I left. But how about you make it up to me by letting me take you out sometime?"

"It was so simple yet it made her sound all embarrassed and a stuttering mess. Maybe my imagination was just running wild but I couldn't wait to see her again."

"I woke up really happy the next day. I couldn't wait for school to be over so I could start my shift and see the girl again. I didn't know what to expect and I think maybe that's what made me all giddy. My happiness came crashing down when I got downstairs and found suitcases in the living room. I panicked and asked my parents what was going on. They just told me that they got a raise at work and were moving to California I cried and begged and blackmailed but nothing worked. I was on my way to California and I never even got the girls name, her number or given her an explanation. She would walk into the diner and wonder why I wasn't there. It was breaking my heart."