II

"The next two weeks were perfect. We spent almost every day just hanging out together, we would go see movies, we would take bike rides, we would go bowling, we would listen to music and sing along like we were on a stage in front of a huge crowd and we did things that brought us a lot closer."

"On the second or third day of Lauren being there, she took me to her friends house. I was really nervous because I hated meeting new people, back home I had like four friends; Ally, Hailee, Taylor and Shawn. So for me, meeting people is like somebody pulling my pants down in a crowded room - my worst nightmare!"

"It wasn't that bad though, as soon as Lauren introduced me to Dinah we became very close. I remembered having seen her around school sometimes but we'd never actually spoken and I was a little sad because she was an amazing person! The first time we spoke she had me in stitches laughing."

"The following week me and Lauren would be together from very early in the morning until sundown, then we would hang with Dinah and watch movies at her house or go to a drive through and mess about at the windows! That was another best moment of my life. Me, Lauren and Dinah growing close together as friends for the first time."

"Around the middle of the second week I was trying to enjoy my time with Lauren but in the back of my mind I knew she was leaving for good and I was sad. I didn't want her to know how sad I was because we'd only known each other for a little under two weeks. Obviously talking twice at a diner doesn't count."

"I remember one day me and Lauren went to the beach, like we often did, and just sat on the sand. It wasn't crowded since it was windy, but we sat there and looked out into the vast ocean. I looked at her and remember thinking 'wow. If I could record one memory for the rest of my life; this would be it." I remember thinking that this is how I wanted my life to be. I wanted friends that could make me laugh and somebody that looked at me the way Lauren was. I remember thinking that I wanted that for the rest of my life. I wanted to sit on the beach with someone and just look at them and know that I was falling in love with them a little more each day. We just smiled at each other and stayed there for god knows how long."

"And then the dreadful day finally came. Dinah drove us to the airport, me and Lauren sat in the backseat just looking at one another and holding onto each other's hands. I kept playing with her fingers and fiddling with her rings, trying to memorize it in my head for future reference when I was missing her. She let me lay my head on her shoulder while she played with my hair with her free hand. Time was running out for us."

"Dinah stayed by the door waiting for us. Lauren said goodbye to her friend and proceeded to checking her bags, all while refusing to let go of my hand. We walked to the gate where her plane was waiting and sighed. It was horrible. She looked sadly at me but I couldn't look up at her. I was heartbroken. I didn't want her to know because how would I explain to someone that I'd known for two weeks that I was in love with them? So I said my goodbyes; I told her that I was there for her whenever she needed a friend and that she had my number so she could call whenever. I couldn't bear to hug her so I turned and I started walking away."

"You didn't say goodbye?"

"No baby, I didn't, but after I was a little far away I heard feet shuffling behind me, which is a little weird since there are so many sounds at an airport, but all I heard was those two feet shuffling and screeching on the floor, belonging to someone who was running. Turning around, I just saw a flash of green before feeling warm arms around my waist. She gripped me tightly and held on to me. I reciprocated the hug and squeezed her as hard as I could. She whispered in my ear that she would miss me a lot and that did it for me. I started sobbing. I didn't care if she knew anymore, I was in love with her and I didn't care if she knew it. She didn't say anything, she kissed me on the cheek and turned around, walking through the gate and heading back to Miami."