chapter fifteen

One week later I went to a new years party that Addisons cousin Thomas had invited me to. I had a glas of champagne in my hand as everyone started to count down.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" everyone screamed including me, people around me started to kiss each other and I placed the glas between my lips and drank the bubbling liquid and that's when I saw you. You stood beside your sister who kissed your bandmate Ellington, I laughed at you since you looked so grossed out. Your eyes traveled over the crowd of kissing people until you met my eyes, you gave me a smile and started to walk towards me. I blushed as you came closer to me.

"Have I met you before?" you asked and I felt my heart sink to my stomach but I kept smiling.

"Last week on the grocery store." I smiled and you laughed and said something about cereals, I nodded and laughed with you.

"You never told me your name." you said and I smiled at you.

"Des, my name is Des." I answered and you asked if it was short for something and I said that I hated the longer version and told you it's better for you not to know. You laughed with me the whole night and when I stumbled home to uncle Greg a few hours later, I had your number.