New friendship

While we were walking down to English, he offered to carry my books and I said I could handle them but just then they fell out of my hands... He picked up the stupid books and started walking without saying a word.

"Give me the books back.." I whined

"No. I'll carry them for you, besides I know where your locker is ." He says

"How?! I didn't even get one! Yet, anyway. " I say surprised. Who is this guy anyway.

"I have my ways!" He says playfully

"How the hell?" I demand an answer from him.

"My mom is giving everyone in first block a locker and she's actually the English teacher. She told me to get you from the office!" He says and then he smirks his famous one of a kind signature smirk. Even though I don't know him, I just know that smirk must be one of its kind. His smirk.

"Well, then I guess it was just my lucky day to bump into you. You probably didn't know me in the first place!" I say

"Actually, I know that you have been here in this county forever! You haven't gone anywhere. You're also a goody two shoes and you make pretty good grades and you--"

"You're a stalker!" I interrupt. How does he know all this stuff?

"No I'm not, I just do my research on every student my mom has and well you caught my eye a little bit" He winks.

He's so attractive and his eye was caught by a girl like me? How?

"You know you voiced your thoughts out loud? Right?" He interrupts my so called thoughts "and thank you for calling me attractive! You know, you're quite the hotty yourself" he says sugestively.

The most embarrassing thing happened, I fainted, only because of my lack of food recently.

When I wake, I see two things: one, I'm not on the floor and two, Matt is carrying me with a real worried expression.

"Look who just awakened!" Matt says "Do I really have that big of an effect on you?" He smirks in pride, as if i had fainted at his beauty. I roll my eyes,

"No, I'm just tired and I didn't eat anything this morning, that's it!" I say trying to defend myself while I'm still a little dazed.

"Sure..." He says not believing me but letting it go anyway.

"Put me down NOW! I can't believe you can actually pick me up! Where are you taking me anyway?!" I say with desbelif and shock at how strong he is! I'm pretty sure I'm not light.

"Oh, you're nothing, I've carried heavier people than you." He says, smirk on his handsome face.

I look up to his piercing blue eyes and see a glint of happiness. Like I made him happy or something. What is up with this kid!?

"How old are you?" I ask out of the blue.

"17" he says "Why?"

Well, at least he's older.

"Just wondering, I'm 16 by the way. I'll be 17 in April!" I say.

" April?" He asks for the day.

"1st"

"The 1st?! Wow an April fools girl! That's awesome! Have you ever been fooled? I bet I can fool you!" He says with a proud expression, like he's boss at pulling pranks.

"I'm good at pranks!" He beams.

"Yeah, okay. Now put me down before someone thinks we're dating." Last thing I need is for rumors going around among my peers but they don't care anyway so why not enjoy the moment?

"Nobody is here to see us and we're almost at our class anyway! I like holding you in my arms, you're so soft"

He tries to hold me closer, if possible and makes me comfortable. My head is now resting on his shoulder, he's holding me bridal style.

"Why do you like me so much?" I voice out the question that has been in my mind ever since I've met this guy. I'm honestly not much of a looker, so this is shocking that a guy likes me.

"I like you as a friend and I'm trying to help you. I want to be your best friend because we have every class together, can we not start out like that?"

"Yes, I appreciate you helping me out and stuff but all these years I've been kinda invisible to people. I've never gotten so much attention from a guy! Shoot, I've never had a boyfriend or a simple date!"

He looked shocked for a moment and he looked at me like I was crazy. Then he spoke.

"You know what? You're one of the prettiest girls I've seen and I feel something in my chest. A desire to be close to you ever since I've met you! Don't ever say you are invisible! I'm sure somebody likes you! It's not like you have a disease that's contagious!" He says, kind of angerly.

I'm at loss of words because this is the best thing a guy has said to me ever! I feel so happy about it.

"I cannot believe this county! Why are they so mean to you?! You're fucking gorgeous! If they don't show you what love is then I promise, I will!"

I just smile because I don't really know what to say to him. He's so sweet! I'm so lucky to have met him!

"Anyway, we're here, new best friend!" He exclaims.

"Thanks for being a friend to me. Most people don't even know my birthday or want to know." I say sadly.

"Well I want to know everything about you.." He says sexily, winking at me while lighting up the mood again.

I punch his arm playfully and smile at him. He's really sweet.

"Are you already hitting on me? We just met sweetheart!" He teases playfully.

"I know! I'm not the one hitting on you!" I say

"Whatever you say!" he says while throwing me up a little and catching me.

I almost have a heart attack but once he securly places his hand under me when he catches me, I calm down.

"MATT!!!"

"JASMINE!" He mocks.

"Seriously don't do that to me! I was so scared , now put me down!"

"Okay princess, only because we are right here though." Then he winks at me.

A/N: Recently edited! I'm basically going through all these chapters and editing through. It is pretty brave of me to go back but you know, I think it's best to edit my horrible writing.

Cheers,

~Vrunda