Chapter 11

"We need to talk Daniel, now." His mother said, she was stood by the door her arms crossed.

"Whatever it is you can say it here." Dan said simply getting off of Phil's desk.

"No, I want to speak to you privately." She said. "I don't trust vampires."

"W-what-"

"Don't act so innocent Daniel." His mother snapped, "I've seen the marks on your neck and I have seen other proof. So we need to talk, alone."

Dan looked over at Phil so looked much calmer than he did. He didn't seem so threatened by his mother, that would have to do with the fact that it would take much more than just a stake to the heart to kill Phil, without the dagger she was not much of a threat. "How about I go over to the orphanage and you two can talk?"

"Alright," Dan nodded in agreement, he leaned in and pressed a quick kiss to Phil's lips. "I will see you there when I'm done here."

Phil walked by giving Dan's mother a calm look, she just glared at him with anger and disgust burning in her eyes.

"You have ten minutes then I need to get to work." Dan said simply.

"I should've figured something was up when you suddenly got so curious about what I do, to the point where you stole my journals." Her glare was fixed on Dan, he had never seen her so angry before.

"I didn't know what Phil was when I read your journal." Dan said, "I was curious because I wanted to know the reason behind why this job is so important to you, how could it be so important that you left me and Dad when I was just a few days old."

"Now you know why it's so important." She said, "You read my journals, you know vicious and dangerous they are."

"Not all of them are like that Mom!" Dan protested, "I know what you're trying to imply and Phil is not dangerous he would never hurt me, he doesn't kill."

"Oh really? Then explain the marks I saw on your neck the other day."

 "He never forced me into it, he didn't forcefully feed from me, I let him."

"You let a monster feed from you? Are you really that blinded and pathetic Daniel?" She asked laughing. Dan pretended to not be bothered by her words, not because of what she called him but how quick she is to judge Phil and not even considering to give him a chance.

"Phil is not a monster, I let him feed from me because I trust him and he doesn't have to hunt. He would never hurt me."

"Is this some stupid phase you're going through? Sleeping around with your Professor who happens to be a bloodsucking monster." She spat.

"Believe it or not Mom, Phil actually loves me and I love him."

"You know nothing about love Daniel, you're just young and naive."

"I surely know more than you," He shot back angrily, "You left me and Dad, why did you even have me if you weren't planning on being around much? Why did you lead Dad on if you were just going to dump him just because his views on things were different from yours?"

"You and your father were just mistakes, you were just a mistake. I didn't want a baby anyway, your father made it much easier on me when he said he was taking you when I told him we're over." There was no look of regret in her eyes when she said that, it hurt him, she might have been absent most of his life but it hurt hearing what she really had thought of him.

"I'm done talking.." Dan said taking his bag, "I am not leaving Phil just because you don't like him and there is no way I'm letting you hurt him."

"We'll just see.." She mumbled as she watched her son walk away.

.

.

.

.

A/N: University started so that's why I've been slow with updates. This chapter is kind of small and not so exciting but I promise the next one will be more exciting! Also please check out our other fics we'd appreciate it :3