Chapter 18 - Sacrifice

Two more chapters for this book, and then the series will be done.

Please vote and comment <3

Love you guys.

---

The room was dark and stale, and suddenly all the noise that had filled the entire attic stopped. I couldn't even hear anyone on the other side of the door and I turned towards it. One thing Eddie didn't grant me was vision in the dark, so instead I had to use my hands to find a hollow point and rest my ear against it. I searched for the door handle but only found the hole where it used to be. I gulped as the room became colder and rested against the door with my eyes shut until I heard something in the corner of the room.

I turned, unable to see anyway, and stared into the black.

The fear subsided slowly, because I realized just then that I had nothing else to lose. I was probably already a goner and whatever waited for me in here could possibly kill me. I had to not care. I had to keep my head level.

The movement of a limb dragging against the floor startled me but I maintained my composure. I gulped the fear down. Patting on the ground made me freeze, as the hands and feet moved closer towards me and finally stopped right in front of me. I felt someone there, only inches away from my face. I couldn't feel them physically but it was the same feeling as when someone was chasing me. I knew they were there even if I couldn't see them.

A bang from the other side of the room made me jump once again but I tried not to move forward. I had no idea who or what was in front of me. Slowly, I began to slip against the wall and shut my eyes.

The orange glow from a light turning on made me freeze. My heart raced and slowly I began to open my eyes. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw no one was in front of me, and instead the blackened room before me was only two feet wide. It smelled faintly of stale smoke and I quickly looked around, only to snap my eyes shut when I saw what was in the corner.

"Gregory..." I said under my breath, recognizing the forms of the small bodies. "Oh my god..."

"It's okay."

I turned and suddenly the room had grown three times the size. A small window was at the top of the slant ceiling letting in sunlight. Blood was smeared on the walls and Gregory stood in the middle of the room, looking just like he did in the flashbacks. Alive and well. I began to step forward and looked around the room at the different symbols.

"My Mom did this." He said as I moved more into the room.

"What is it?"

"A spell."

I turned to him in confusion. "Black magic...I know she practiced...is that what her book was?"

"She knew all of them." He said. "She would say them under her breath."

"What does this one mean?"

His mouth went to an upward slant and he looked down at the floor. "My Mom wasn't a bad person."

"I know she wasn't." I got down at my knees so we were eye level. He stood two feet away from me in his nice dress with his hands by his side. "She was sick."

He shrugged. "Yeah, but she wouldn't of been if she never met him."

"Eddie?" I asked. "Did he get her doing magic?"

He shook his head no. "No, she did herself. Eddie told her he was magic. Then he did things to her."

I felt my stomach drop. "Like what?"