•.two.•

If there's a light at the end,

it's just the sun in your eyes

I know you wanna go to heaven

but you're human tonight

Young Gods by Halsey

*****************************

The water hit me in the face as I once again thought about Max. What was he doing on that war boys car? Was he okay? These thoughts consumed me and I hadn't said a word since seeing him.

The lock was cut and The dag stepped out if her belt. They had done mine first and then put me in charge of doing everyone else's, since I was the strongest. We had all been hosed down since we were covered in sand, and we had all had a substantial amount of water to drink.

None of us dare speak, and the only noises were of Furiosa banging on the rig, and the water running. I put the bolt cutter on Cheedo's belt and cut, just as bang was heard near the end of the rig. I snapped my head up and almost couldn't believe my eyes. There was Max, looking exhausted and desperate, but alive. He had the muzzle on his face still and it was on a chain connected to a car door and a war boy. But none of that mattered because Max was here, and he was pointing a gun at us?

"Max!", I shouted out happily, and I started to make my way over when Angharad stopped me.

"We're not going back".

"Let me go", I grunted, and I could've gotten out of her grip if I fought back. But she was pregnant, and I have morals.

I saw Max flick his gaze to me, and he was confused at first, before realizing who I was. He pointed the gun at Angharad and said one word. "Water".

I quickly snatched the hose off of Angaharad, making sure I still had the bolt cutters. I walked over as fast as I could and jumped on Max, wrapping my arms around him. He kept his gun arm up, but wrapped the other around my torso, squeezing me tight.

"I was so worried about you", I whispered in his ear.

"Mhm", he said in reply. I was used to that as an answer, and I knew he only said it now because we were around other people.

"Oh right", I laughed and got off him, taking one last look at his face. I then turned on the water and passed it to him.

He stuck it straight in his face, drinking as much as he could. I took a step back to avoid splash and noticed the water was splashing onto the war boy. He would be a problem when he woke up.

Max turned off the water with his leg and threw it to the ground. He then picked up his chain and held it out. He first looked at the girls behind me, then noticed in the ground next to me.

I picked it up and out it on his chain. I knew it would be harder to cut than the belt locks, this was some hardcore chain. I paused when I noticed a sound in the distance. It sounded a bit like the war guitar...

"Lee", Max whispered, his gruff voice getting my attention. I nodded my head and almost cut through the chain when Furiosa tackled him.

"Furiosa, no!" I said, reaching for my knife. My hands found nothing but flesh as I remembered it had been taken. I took a step forward to defend Max when Furiosa took his gun and put it against his head. I immediately froze. Furiosa pulled the trigger.

astriferous//max rockatansky\\On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara