Prologue: So we meet again

~The time line for this story is during Season 2. As a bit of a refresher, Gold brought magic to Storybrooke and crossed the town line to search for Baelfire. He brought Emma along since she owed him a favor and finding people is her thing. Henry came along too. You can re-watch 2x6 "Tallahassee" and previous episodes, or read summaries up to that point.

All rights belong to the creators of the hit show "Once Upon a time", this is merely what I wished could have happened.

"Neal?!" Emma exclaims as she begins to lifts herself up after their collision. Her heart beat increases and it's not just because she was chasing him down. Memories of their time spent together began flooding her mind. She pictured this moment thousands of times; however she never thought the day would come. The only thing she could do was say his name.

"Emma?" He asks as he casts a look of confusion towards her. He, too, is beginning to pick himself up.

"What are you doing here?" He asks. He is successful in making his way to his feet and walks over to her. He does so cautiously and reaches his hand out to help her up. She shakes her head and stands up by herself. She begins to brush the dirt off her clothing as the memories keep taking over her brain. She couldn't believe it, after all these years, eleven to be exact, that she was face to face with the man who broke her heart.

"I could ask you the same thing." She spits out angrily. "Is this some sick joke, did Gold put you up to this?!" She accuses, unable to hold back any longer. She approaches him and shoves his chest. He stumbles back slightly, clearly taking by surprise.

"Emma..." He sputters and glances around. "Could we at least get out of the street?" He asks softly. His heart beat, too, is going a 1000 miles per second, but he's fighting to keep his cool. He dreamt of this day, but never thought it would come.

The day that he could set his eyes on the girl who had been the love of his life, apologize for abandoning her and grovel at her feet if necessary. He'd do whatever it takes to get her to hear him out and understand his hand in the matter. He needed her to understand.

Emma shook her head again, causing her blonde locks to shake around her.

"No!" She said firmly. "Did you know your father set this up? Tell me!" She demanded.

Father? He thought. He froze for a moment at the sound of the word. Was it true, could his father, the Dark one, be here? He looked around them nervously before opening his mouth to speak.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, but if you'd just come with me-

"Come with you?" Emma repeated. She unleashed a bitter laugh, one that Neal had never heard. She wasn't the same person he knew all those years ago. Life had turned her; his betrayal had killed what was left of her spirit. Guilt continued to wash over him, but he wasn't going to give up.

"Emma please. I will explain everything if you just let me." He begged. He held his hands up in surrender, hoping it would calm her down.

"This is all one big game. You're sick, the both of you." She said. Again, she was referring to his father.

"I promise you I have not spoken to my father in who knows how long. So if you think me and him are running some kind of game on you, you're wrong. Now please, will you hear me out?" He asked again. He tried his best to sound sincere and hoped it was working.

Emma grew silent, her nostrils still flared out of anger, but she didn't speak a word. She just looked him up and down.

"I can't." She said at last. "I have to take you to him." She informed him. She sounded defeated and Neal wished he could read her mind. It broke his heart to see her look that way; it shattered him to know it was his entire fault.