7

Emma's POV

I left the station shortly after Neal did. My mind wasn't on the case anymore. It had made a painful trip down memory lane despite my protest. I felt like Neal had bailed on me all over again. Only this time instead of imagining him skipping town, I pictured him meeting Tamara. Had they known each other that long, or was my mind enjoying making me suffer?

I sighed loudly and started my little bug so I could head home. I hoped that everyone had gone to bed because I just wanted to be alone. I wanted to curl up in my room and just drift away.

Unfortunately I was greeted with Mary Margaret's cheery face as soon as I walked in.

"Emma!" She welcomed me. She was making hot chocolate and I could smell cinnamon in the air. I can't lie; it lifted my spirits a bit. I wondered how she knew that I'd be home soon though. Maybe it was a mom thing...

"Hi," I said. She handed me a cup with a smile and I took it.

"Thanks," I said softly and accepted it. I took a seat at the counter and she sat beside me.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she scanned my face, concern was now spreading all over hers.

"Nothing," I quickly lied. Her brows scrunched up and I just knew she wasn't going to let this go. "Really Mary Margaret, I'm fine." I lied again.

"Mom works too," She said softly. It was still hard for me to call them mom and dad. It made it less awkward to call them by their names.

"Emma you can talk to me about anything." She encouraged after I didn't reply.

"I'm just thinking about Tamara. You know, the new girl in town?" I started to explain as I lifted the mug to my lips. I guess I could tell her bits and pieces. Maybe she could offer me some insight?

She nodded.

"She's up to something. I don't know what, but I just know she is." I told her.

"Is this because of your super power?" She asked.

"Well yeah, but I have hard evidence too. I started following her." I replied. Mary Margaret looked surprised, but didn't interrupt me.

"She was meeting up with Greg. Now I thought maybe they were together, maybe she came to check on him or get him out of town finally? But they were meeting up like they didn't want to be found. Behind Granny's, in a car in empty parking lots, just odd locations," I continued to explain.

"That does seem strange," She noted. "What are you going to do?" She asked.

"I don't know. It's not a crime to meet someone. She did have a list with everyone's name on it though and their real identities. Where do you think she got it from?" I asked.

"No idea. It's not something we go around talking about. We all know each other so it'd be kind of pointless." Mary Margaret answered.

"That's what I thought too. Neal told me something..." I began. I hadn't planned on spilling everything, but it planned on coming out apparently.

"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow as she took a sip of hot chocolate.

"They were engaged." I informed her. She was so shocked she didn't even speak at first.

"I was shocked too, still am. I think she followed him here, but not because well she..lov-wanted him back... but for Greg." I thought out loud. Mary Margaret nodded as she followed along.

"You think she's using him?" She asked.

"Well she was. But they were engaged so I could be wrong." I said as I realized my jealously was probably clouding my judgment.