Chapter 11

Onyx's POV

I felt horrible. I didn't know what to say yesterday when she asked why I rejected her. I knew why I did it, but I just didn't know how to tell her. I knew either way that she wouldn't like the answer I gave her, and it was just hard for me to tell her. I didn't like to see the look on her face whenever she looked at me. There was always that look of hurt that crossed before it was gone. It hurt me to see that expression, but it was my fault it was there, so I shouldn't feel the way I do when I see that expression. I felt ashamed of what I'd done, and I regretted it terribly. She didn't deserve that or any of the things I'd said to her. Everything was my fault all because I couldn't handle-

"Hi," My head snapped up to the voice, and I saw Brylane standing in the doorway of my room. My eyes examined him automatically. His hair was a light brown color, and it was curly. His eyes were the same extravagant blue as mine, and they seemed to hold this shine in them. His skin was neither the color of mine nor Lizseth's considering he was mixed. He smiled broadly, and I could see that he was missing a few teeth. I couldn't believe that this beautiful kid was my son.

"Hi, Brylane."

He grinned, "What are you doing?" He walked into the room and climbed up onto the bed.

"I'm not doing anything really." Wow, who would've ever thought that I'd be nervous to talk to a five-year-old? I didn't that's for sure. I had no idea what type of stuff I should say to him and what not to say.

"My mommy told me I could go watch TV." He said. "Then I saw you and you looked like you could use a friend."

I chuckled. He seemed like a great kid. "So you want to be my friend?"

He nodded. "Yes, but you have to be nice because my mommy doesn't want me to have bad friends." She'd raised him good I could already tell. I smiled. "My birthday is soon."

I froze and thought for a second. His birthday would be a little over a month from now. He'd be six years old. I hadn't been there for his other birthdays, but I'd be here for the next and the next and so on.

"Are you going to my party?" He asked swinging his legs off the edge of the bed. He smiled as he stared at me.

I nodded, "Yes. I'll be there."

"Daddy says I can have Thor party if I want." He smiled again, making my heart skip a beat. He was such a handsome kid. I didn't like the fact that he called that guy dad. I am his father, and Lizseth should have put a stop to it the moment it began. If I thought I knew what it felt like to be hurt, this feeling far by far over powered that. To hear my only child calling someone else dad was the worst feeling of all. Even worse than Lizseth hating me. This was true heartbreak.

"Thor, huh?" I tried not to think about the feeling in my chest. Eventually, he would grow to think of me as his father, or at least I hoped so. I had missed five years of his life. Those were five years that I would never get back. I just hoped that I would be able to make it up to him.

Brylane nodded. "Uh huh, he's my favorite of all the Avenger's. He has a big, huge, ginormous, big hammer, and he can fly." I chuckled at his expression as he explained the character to me. I knew who Thor was but hearing him explain it was hilarious, and his facial expressions only added to the humor of things.

"Brylane."

I looked up and saw Lizseth standing in the doorway. She didn't look at me. "Come on, let's go."

"Go where mommy?" He asked innocently.

"We're going to see Kaisigni." She answered.

I frowned. Would that mean they'd have to be around that Sakimo guy? Of course, I answered myself, he's Kaisigni's dad. I clenched my jaw to try to stop the jealousy. "I could drop you off, if you'd like."