Chapter 12

"You were with him."

I sighed as I laid Brylane's sleeping form on the bed. "Of course, I was with him. He lives there."

"You know what I mean Lizseth." He said, his voice rising.

I glared. "Keep your voice down. My son is trying to sleep."

"OUR son." He corrected. "And we are going to talk about this."

"I'm tired, I wanna go to bed." I said staring at him.

He growled, "Now, Lizseth."

This time I decided to comply, not wanting to wake Brylane. I walked out of the room and into the living room, and Onyx followed after shut the bedroom door. "Lizseth, you're my mate, and its time you start acting like it."

"Wow, says the man who rejected 'his' mate." My sarcasm was clear, and I didn't hide the anger in my voice.

He sighed. "We're not talking about me we're talking about you."

"What about me, Onyx?" I glared at him, knowing exactly where this conversation was headed.

"If we're gonna be together – "

"I don't want us to be together," I interrupted, but he continued talking over me.

"Then you aren't going to continue seeing him behind my back."

I glowered at him. Was he serious right now? "Kimo and I are mates. What the hell do you mean?"

"You are MINE," he growled and was in my face in a matter of second. I stiffened as his eyes blackened, but I wouldn't dare back down. "And Brylane is MINE. I'm not just gonna stand by and let him take either of you from. You belong to me. Do you understand me?"

My breathing was irregular as the fear set in, but I wasn't going to let it show. My lip quivered as I spoke. "Brylane may be your son, but I am nothing to you. Do you understand me?"

Onyx's eyes flashed a golden brown as he growled at me. When he spoke, the animalistic tone in his voice was evident, and fear struck me to my core. "I am your mate and Alpha, and you will respect." His wolf was minutes, seconds away from the surface. I glanced to his teeth as he bared them at me. If I weren't careful, his wolf was probably break out and punish me for my insubmissiveness, and I didn't want that. I took a step back. If his wolf felt that I was hurting its pride, it may come on and mark me. If that happened, I would have no other choice but to listen to him. Our bond would be rekindled and that would most definitely be the end of Kimo and I. I remained silent as he took deep, steady breaths trying to calm his wolf.

"I'm sorry," he said. He closed his eyes taking another deep breath. "I didn't mean to scare you."

I didn't respond, and I wouldn't until I knew he was in control. If I didn't think he would stop me, I would walk away right now. So I remained still, allowing myself to cool off a little too.

"I want things to work between us Lizseth. I want you in and my son in my life." He opened his eyes, his voice soft as he spoke. "I want us to be a family. We're gonna work on us, and I'm going to get Brylane's last name changed to- "

"The hell you are." Now I was pissed. Who the hell did he think he was? I was not about to let him waltz in my life and change everything about it. Brylane had my family's last name and it would remain the same. Onyx had no right to come making demands like this. He had already ruined my life in the matter of days. Did he really think forcing me to make such drastic changes in my life would make me like him? I would be damned if my son shared the same name as him. He already shared the same blood, and that was punishment enough.