Chapter Forty Eight

Third person's POV

*1 week later*

Michael had been planning his surprise for almost a week now. His feelings for the beautiful blonde girl had hit him harder than he expected. At first they were just close friends when he began to notice things about her.

How her nose would crinkle when she laughed, how her dimples indented her pale cheeks when a smile tugged on her soft looking lips.

Michael wanted to know how they would feel. How they would feel against his lips, against his cheek and against his body.

Michael pretended to hate her at first.. Just to get her attention. At first, the whole thing didn't go the way that he wanted. He gained the wrong attention from her and would have done anything to change her opinion.

In fact, you could say that Michael loved her.

But he didn't know that she loved him too.

"She'll love it Mikey, I'm her former best friend, I know these things" Emma smirked as the blonde boy was fidgeting with his fingers and jigging his legs.

Michael nodded his head and stared at the four people sitting beside him with a look of pure fear that filled his bright green eyes.

His ears perked up as soon as he heard that laugh. His head raised and his eyes followed the sound of her melodious laughter. Her blonde curls bounced as she walked and Michael felt his heart pound as he saw her smile.

April was Michael's definition of perfect.

"She's beautiful" he whispered.

Ashton and Luke snorted as Calum nodded his head in agreement with his best friend. Michael would be teased every time his soft side emerged.

*a few hours later*

Too say Michael was nervous would be an understatement. He was terrified. This could either be the best day of his life.. Or one of the worst..

April was listening to one of her favourite bands, the 1975. Settle Down was playing through the speakers of her laptop as she hummed along and looked through her twitter feed.

She stopped humming as soon as something hit her window. Her heart beat had picked up quickly and she almost felt sick. Who would be throwing things at her window now? Barely anyone would have been around at this time.

She squealed as another rock bounced off the glass of her window. April drew back the blinds and opened the window slightly and peered out of it.

"Psst" her head snapped towards the direction that the sound was coming from.

"Damnit Aaron" she hissed and reached for the window to close it before he yelled and stopped her movements.

April sighed and closed her bedroom window since he was obviously wasting her time. She could be using that time to listen to music and look at twitter.

She stumbled backwards and saw someone familiar standing in her bedroom. The person held a bouquet of flowers and wore a bright smile on their face. That smile alone made April feel weak in the knees.

She gasped and stared at the figure in shock.

"Michael?"