Chapter Fifty Five

April's POV

*6 years later*

"Get up!" A voice I recognised as Michael's yelled.

"Leave" I groaned and turned over in our king sized bed.

"Come on baby" he pouted.

I rolled my eyes and sat up. He took my hand in his and wrapped his arms around my waist once I had stood up properly. I rested my head on his chest and listened to his racing heartbeat.

I love that I still have that affect on him.

"Get ready" he kissed my temple and left the room so that I could start getting ready.

Michael and I had decided to move in together about two years ago. We were still madly in love with each other and that's what made my heart swell. 7 years and still going strong.

I put on a black nirvana crop top with black high waisted skinny jeans and black heeled boots. I put on some light makeup and brushed my hair and watched it become wavy as it was naturally wavy.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and headed downstairs to see Michael lying on the couch with his phone held in his hand above his face.

"Babe!" He whined.

"What now?" I laughed.

"You can't wear that" he pouted.

I looked down and I didn't understand what was wrong with my outfit since I was covered everywhere. I lifted my head up and raised one of my eyebrows questioningly.

"You look more punk rock than I do" he mumbled.

"That's funny-" I burst into laughter and gasped a few times to try to catch my breath. "Yeah right, you. Punk rock" I snorted and headed out of the door.

*

Michael's POV

My girlfriends cool, pale hand laced with mine as we walked around the streets of the town. My phone buzzed against my leg and I quickly pulled it out so that I could check it.

From: Luke
Are you going to do it??

To:Luke
Yes. I'm nervous though.

From:Luke
Don't be nervous! Good luck :))

I put my phone back into my pocket and held the door open for April. She thanked me and we sat down at a table in the pizzeria. We always came here together and most of the staff knew us.

"I'll be back in a minute baby" she nodded and leaned closer to me and kissed my lips.

I smiled and headed towards the toilets but turned before I got there so that I entered the kitchen. I was greeted with hugs and smiles from all of the staff.

"Where's April!?" A short lady asked.

"She's in the restaurant, I was just making sure that everything was ready" they all nodded and wished me good luck for what was about to happen.

"Oh! Michael, give this to April. They're from us but pretend that they're from you" Dan handed me a bouquet of roses and patted my shoulder.

I thanked them and took a deep breath and headed towards the love of my life. The flowers were held behind my back and she was staring out of the window.

She turned back around and gasped as she saw the red and pink roses that I held in front of her. She stood up from her chair and took the flowers out of my hand and placed them down onto the table. She threw her arms around my neck and her lips collided with mine. My hands were securely wrapped around her waist.

"Mikey, thankyou so much for the flowers. I love you" April smiled.

"Anything for my girl" I replied.

We sat down and ordered our food and I hoped that everything was going to go to plan..

*

April's POV

After we finished eating the staff bought out some plates filled with crisps. It wasnt something that you would normally get after a meal but they do things differently I guess..

I noticed something written in black ink on one of the plates which said 'turn the plate over' in a love heart.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned it over and saw a note attached to the bottom of the plate. I took it off and read it quietly.

'To the love of my life, April Rose Edwards. You mean the world to me and I can't imagine myself being with anyone else, you're my everything. I love the way that your eyes sparkle when you smile or laugh, I love the way that your nose crinkles when you laugh and I love the way that your lips feel against mine. I love the way your fingers slip into the spaces between mine. We're meant to be. I love you so much baby girl. Love Mikey xxx'

I looked up and saw that Michael was no longer sitting opposite me, instead he was down on one knee beside me and was holding out a black box with a diamond ring inside.

"April Rose Edwards, will you make me the happiest man on earth by doing the honour of becoming my wife?"

I gasped and felt tears beginning to fall. Michael took one of my hands in his and moved his thumb across the skin on my knuckles.

"Will you marry me?" He asked softly.

"Yes" I whispered and nodded frantically.

I stood up and we were wrapped into each others embraces. Michael slipped the ring on to my ring finger and kissed me whilst multiple rounds of applause erupted around us.