01:05

[Dedicated to all you fantastic people]

____________________________

The elevator suddenly comes to life. The lights flicker on and we slowly ascend. Will this be the last time I'll see him? Will he even remember the girl he was stuck in the elevator with?

I certainly will. I'll remember the boy with the tousled black hair and piercing, yet calming blue eyes that would forever imprint itself to my memories. It scared me how I've grown attached to him in just an hour or two.

7th floor

8th floor

"Why the long face?" He nudged my shoulder.

"Oh nothing." I said "I forgot to charge my phone." 

Such blatant lies came easily out of my mouth. I should be ashamed of myself.

"Right. I still got your number so.." He trails off and glance at me, as if looking for the right words to say.

"Yeah we could um.. keep in touch?" I said unsurely.

9th floor

"We live in the same building. I can easily drag you to go out with me." He said casually.

My heart accelerates at the thought of him going out with me. Blood rush to my cheeks and I was certain I looked like a tomato.

10th floor

He grinned at me and ruffled my hair.

"See you soon, Nev." he said and kissed the side of my head. The smallest and friendliest action sent my heart into a frenzy.

My brain wasn't helping either. So I acted on impulse and wrapped my free arm around him in an awkward side hug.

11th floor

I sighed and retreated my hand. "Bye Jack. It was a pleasure to meet you, and look — you can get your urine out of your system now." I grinned at him.

The elevator doors opened. And as I stepped out, he grabbed my hand and asked "Which number do you live?"

"11-21."

"12-06," came his instant response. He lets go of my hand and runs his fingers through his hair. Then he looked at me one last time and smiled before the elevator closes.

____________________________

Author's note:

So, that was the end. There will be no sequels and no epilogues. I like the open ending and sorts.

Thank you guys so much for sticking up with me from the first chapter until the end. I love you all!

Also, do check out my other stories Holding On To Forever & Sweet and Sated. It would mean the world to me if you did.

You've reached the end of Intervals.

:)