Chapter 8 - A Feeling Worth Fighting For

I'm here dolls!!!!!! So i'm sorry i haven't updated since like.....forreeeevvvvrrrrrrrr but since school started i have been at practice every afternoon. For two different teams. I get home from school by 4 and then i at practice by 4:50. Then i usually don't get home till 8 or 9 if the girls on my teams aren't being total bitches and acting a complete mess keeping me even later so we can run laps. Then my other coach doesn't let us get a break and she just aggravates me to the core...... i'm so done with them so i'm writing to vent my feelings because if i try to vent to my mom she'll tell me to suck it up and get the hell out of her face, and writing just takes up to much of my had earned time. i'm writing as a treat to you guys two chapters today knowing i have tons of homework.

Love you Dolls #notintoyou

~Amon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaxi***

When Blake asked Jaxi if he could help her at the play, she wondered if Matt had maneuvered the request. Still, by the time Wednesday rolled around and the performance was over, most of the awkwardness she'd caused by her boldness in the shower had faded. She wasn't any closer to getting Blake to acknowledge he wanted her, but at least they were talking again.

They cleaned together, brooms in hand, sweeping the nearly empty hall. She was right in the middle of planning her next step, wondering what words to use to follow Matt's suggestion of "gentling the shy animal along" when Blake dropped a bombshell.

"I've been thinking about the other day."

Lordy, so had she.

"This Royce fellow. How old did you say he is?"

She literally tripped over her own feet and landed on her butt. Did he just ask about Royce again? He wasn't talking about the shower at all?

The man had gone mad.

"I don't think I told you how old he is. What the hell does Royce have to do with anything?" She scrambled to her feet and brushed off her jeans. She'd spent the evening admiring how Blake capably dealt with last-minute disasters for the theater company. Admired the way he visited with the townsfolk during the intermission, chatting and laughing with people of all ages. Admired the way he looked in his well-worn jeans, all muscle and tightly bound energy.

And now he wanted to talk about someone she knew from college? Was he crazy?

"I figured you two must have a lot in common, if you were in the same classes and all. Maybe it would be good for you to select another class or two and spend time with the guy. If he lives in the area you could call and ask him to join us for supper." Blake swept vigorously as he spoke, dust flying everywhere.

Jaxi dropped her broom and grabbed his with two hands, stilling his erratic motion. She jerked their bodies together so she could stare up into his face easier. He avoided her eyes for a moment before turning that ghastly smile on her, the one he'd worn ever since announcing he was going to be her big brother.

"Enough, Blake. You are seriously pissing me off and I want to know what your problem is."

He shrugged and attempted to remove the broom from between them. "I thought it might be nice, if you like the guy, for you to spend time together."

"I don't want Royce." Jaxi shook the handle violently before releasing the wooden shaft with a snap. She stepped back to glare at him, fists resting on her hips. "I want... Oh, damn it, do I have to spell it out for you? I thought it was pretty clear what I wanted the other night in the shower. I want you."