Chapter 5: When The Feelings Get Catched

"Why me?! No?!" Abby sobbed. She had slept over so I could make sure she didn't do anything stupid.

"It's okay, Abs. You'll get over it," Sophie confirmed. I had asked her to come to bring ice cream, but she saw how upset Abby was, so she had stayed.

"Jackson used to call me Abs!" She cried. She put a big scoop of ice cream in her mouth. "Brain freeze! Nothing good happens to me!"

I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at Sophie and she gave me the 'it's-okay-to-go' face. So I ran down the stairs. I opened the door and I was greeted with a depressed Nick, a worried Xavier, and a smiling Blake in the middle of the two. But Blake's expression immediately changed to angry once he noticed the door had opened.

"These two are ruining my groove," Blake complained.

"Where's Abby? Is she still here?" Xavier asked. He was unusual. He never really cared about the emotional state of a person.

"Why do I care so much about Joey?" Nick murmured to himself.

"See? They're weird. Please take them. You can fix humans," Blake said, pushing the guys into the house. He soon entered after them.

"Abby and Sophie are upstairs," I replied, walking up the stairs. The guys followed.

Once we were in my room, Xavier's eyes softened.

"Oh, Abby, I heard what happened, and I'm so sorry. He's an asshole. He doesn't deserve someone like you," Xavier assured. Abby looked up at him with tears running down her face. She immediately covered her face with her hands and started sobbing.

"It's okay. Let it out," Xavier said, now on his knees, hugging her. What was into him? He was weird, just like Blake.

When Sophie's phone dinged, she looked at it and frowned. "Guys, I've gotta go, Kathy touched another cat and is in the hospital." Kathy is Sophie's cousin. She loved cats even though she is allergic to them. And medical reasons weren't going to stop that.

"We understand," I said, nodding. Abby and Xavier stayed upstairs while the rest of us went downstairs to say goodbye.

"Hey, I'm gonna go sit in the car. Abby's making me depressed. Or at lease more depressed than before," Nick announced as Sophie walked out.

"Okay! Feel better, Nick," I said, rustling his hair. He smiled an assuring smile and left. So that just left Blake and me.

"So, Joey and Jackson, the biggest players in school are dating now?" Blake asked, looking at me over my shoulder from behind. He put his hands on my arms, keeping me in place.

"I guess," I whispered, shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh." He whispered into my ear, now with his arms around me, giving me warmth. "We're going to a movie tomorrow, okay? Just you and me. It's a business trip." Was he really asking me out to the movies? This was too hard to believe. I pinched my leg but I felt it.

"Okay."

^^^

Once Blake and I went upstairs, we were shocked to what was happening in my bedroom. I had witnessed Abby and Xavier's first kiss together.

"Elizabeth! Uh, uh, uh," Abby babbled, looking for an explanation. Xavier was looking around the room like he was going to leave.

"Cool place, bye!" Xavier stated, trying to exit through Blake and I. But we both blocked him in. He sighed.

"Tell them Xavier," Abby demanded, her arms crossed.

"Fine." Xavier rolls his eyes. "I, too, had a crush on Abby but I was too nervous to ask her out, okay? Geez." I looked at Blake who was already looking at me. We smiled at each other and then at Abby and Xavier.

"Aww!" Blake and I squealed, hugging the two of them. Something good always happens from bad things.