Stay With Me

January 1984

"That was great! Let's have a break for ten minutes and then shoot it for the last time. You know, just in case.", the producer of the Pepsi Commercial I was in with my brothers called.

"Alright.", I sighed exhausted.

"Dude, I think I saw Christina down at the VIP area, while we were performing.", Marlon told me and as soon as I heard her name, my face lightened up.

"Where?", I asked and searched.

"Buuh!", someone called and hugged me from behind.

"Aah! Oh boy.", I laughed.

"Thanks, Marlon.", Christina giggled.

"Every time.", he smiled and they high fived. Marlon went away and Christina hugged me.

"You are really getting along with my Siblings, huh?", I smirked and held her.

"I can't help it, they are great.", she replied.

"Well, you are the greatest.", I said and kissed her. The whole audience cheered.

"So how long will you let me wait?", she chuckled.

"I don't know maybe a half an hour? I am sorry.", I replied.

"No don't apologize, we can watch the show later, I am recording it.", Christina giggled.

"Smart girl.", I pecked her lips.

"So when Michael is finished with eating his Girlfriend, we can start.", the producer called.

"I'll be watching you then.", Christina blushed and left the stage.

"Ain't she amazing?", I called towards Marlon.

"I am not saying anything, these eyes only see Carol.", he laughed.

"Michael, walk down slower this time, you are a little fast.", the producer called and I went up to my spot.

Christina's POV

Michael went up to the stairs and the whole stage became pitch black. The melody of 'Billie Jean' echoed trough the hall and Michael started with some dance moves.

Michael and his brothers changed the Lyrics of the Song and fitted it to Pepsi in the last couple of weeks.

The explosives went off earlier than the time I was watching before.

"Maybe Michael was too slow this time.", I thought.

Michael went down the stage and I saw a little flame on his head.

He didn't seem to notice and my eyes were like glued on him.

My heart began beating faster and all I could do was run towards him.

The adrenaline rushed trough my body and the closer I got to him, the more the flame grew on his head.

Michael's brothers and I laid him down to the floor and he didn't seem to understand why.

We put out the fire with our bare hands and I haven't noticed the pain, everything I saw were some burned spots on my hand.

"Oh god no, no, no. Stay with me, do you hear me?", I called full of fear.

"Call an Ambulance!", Marlon nearly screamed.

"You are going to be alright, man.", Tito said.

"My head..", Michael mumbled.

"Shh, help is right here.", I whined.

I felt so clueless, I didn't knew what I could do, to make him feel better.