Waiting

It was the Monday after. I had spent the entire weekend stopping myself calling Hayley. Let's just say I didn't want to sound too desperate. It already all felt like a dream.

So here I was pushing through the crowds in the hallways of my school, keeping my head down, just waiting to see her. I was scared, but then also worried. Why did she confuse me so much?!?

Soon I made it to my locker and emptied my backpack of everything except for my few pens and a notepad. Once I was done and my bag was much much lighter, I slammed the locker door. Then decided it was time for class.

I was almost to my classroom, when suddenly I was yanked sideways. Right into the janitors room, the door quickly closing behind me.

"What the f-" I was cut off by a smooth hand slipping over my mouth.

"Hey Evey." It was Hayley. Off course it was. How didn't I think of that. Idiot.

"Hi." I mumbled her hand still over my mouth. She quickly giggled before removing her hand and grinning at me.

"You didn't call. How come?" She pouted a bit, well damn that just killed me...

"Oh, I um, didn't know when you, wanted to, you know, talk, I guess?" It sounded like a question which was not my intention, luckily it didn't bother her. In fact it just made my heart flutter more.

"Well let's just say next time I say 'Call Me' try and make it within the next, let's say 24 hours." She was constantly grinning, I really like that.

"Sorry." I whispered, looking at her pretty hazel eyes.

"Don't worry. We can do something now if you want." It was only at this point in the conversation it hit me how close she was to me, like inches.

"But what about class? We have lessons in like... Now." I said glancing at the clock in the corner, this is a very fancy janitors room.

"Who cares? As long as I'm back before practice at 4 then we're good." I looked at her sceptically. Did I want to risk it, then again it was Hayley. You know what screw it.

"Okay then, I guess lets go." I nodded, making her smile widen, even more than it already was.

"Perfect, let's go." She quickly stuck her head out of the door to make sure the cost was clear.

I gathered that it was as she took my hand and pulled me after her. We ran hand in hand through the corridors, to the doors and out to the bus stop.

We must of been lucky because just as we got there the bus pulled up. Jumping onto the moving block we took our seats, not hesitating to start a deep conversation about music.

"Yes but there still not as good as Simple Plan." She sighed rolling her eyes.

"Of course they are have, you heard Joel Maddens voice!" She just laughed at my enthusiasm before glancing to the stop we were at.

"Shit, let's go this is our stop." She swiftly stood making her way towards the doors, I followed not really paying attention to where we actually were.

Once we were both of the bus I looked in front of us and saw what I assumed we were going to be doing.

"We're going to the movies? Quite clique isn't it?" I raised an eyebrow at her which made her laugh.

"What can I say, I like the classics." She winked before making her way before the big front doors of the cinema.

Almost 10 minutes later we were sitting in the back row of a tiny cinema room. Only a few other people in front of us and a big slushy between us. I wasn't actually sure what we were watching.

"Hayley. What is it were watching again?" I nudged her as I whispered in her ear.

"Scorch Trials." She whispered back to me, it sent a shiver down my spine.

I nodded back just as the film began. I guess I was pretty into the story but about 20 minutes in I felt something on my knee. Glancing down I saw it was Hayley's hand. She made her way up to my hand, intertwining our fingers.

I looked over at her and as soon as I did she caught my lips with hers. Instantly I kissed back meeting her at the same speed.

This continued for a good 5 minutes before she inevitably pulled away, turning back to the movie. I did the same, but I wasn't focusing on the movie this time, I was just imagining the kiss. Everything that could come from the kiss. All of it.

Why was I so hung up on this girl?

XXXXXX

Okay so yes I'm gonna keep going with this story. I mean some people seem to like it and I sure like writing about Hayley so... XD

Anyway have fun. Peace . ✌🏻️