Chapter 40 - Easy to Forget

"Ethan, what's wrong?"

Ethan looked up from his cereal to see Katie looking at him with a worried expression. "Nothing." He mumbled before going back to the cereal he hadn't touched. "Something's wrong. What is it babes?" Katie walked around the table and sat next to Ethan. "You know you can tell me Ethan." She said as she took his hands in hers and looked at him, concerned.

Ethan looked at Katie with guilt, she was clueless. It wasn't right of him to keep everything away from Katie, he had to tell her at some point, but not right then. He had to get over what had happened, then he could tell her. "I'm just stressed over work." Ethan lied, faking a smile.

Katie smiled back and stroked Ethan's hair before planting a kiss on his cheek. "Why don't you take the day off? I'll make a delicious lunch and we'll watch movies." She suggested. Ethan nodded, a day off to clear his mind was what he needed. "Great! I'll just clean up and then we can laze around and do whatever we want! Now cheer up!" She pecked Ethan's lips before getting up to wash the dishes.

As soon as Katie moved away Ethan's smile fell. Simon's words were bothering him more then they should have, and Ethan was beginning to wonder why he cared so much about what Simon said. Did Ethan still have feelings for him? No. No, he couldn't. Simon only meant pain, and it was better off forgetting him. The time he spent with Simon was painful, it was filled with hatred and insecurities. Everyone hated him, everyone hated them. So why was he bothering about even thinking about Simon? He was so much better off without him.

He had to forget the phone call before it got to his head. Ethan was with Katie, Simon was the past. Katie the present, Simon the past. Katie the present, Simon the past. He kept repeating it in his head, but he would never be able to forget what happened, it would haunt him forever. It submerged him in the dark but Katie was the light. Ethan couldn't hurt Katie. She was the best thing to happen to Ethan. She saved him and made him smile after months of crying. She was the reason he was still alive, otherwise Ethan would have destroyed himself.

"Ok, dishes washed, kitchen clean. How about some Fifa?" Katie winked. Ethan smiled, Katie really was the best thing to happen to him. "Come on." He held her hand and led her out of the kitchen.

"Let's do this." Katie smirked as Ethan joined her on the sofa after putting the disc into the PS4. "You're going down." She laughed as the match started. Ethan shook his head at her. "You're gonna get fucked." He laughed as he kept his eyes on the screen. They both laughed and played, screaming every now and then.

Ethan forgot about Simon and the phone call, and he truly smiled after what seemed like forever. Katie made it easy for him to forget and move on, she helped him make his life easier without knowing. She was amazing, and Ethan wasn't planning on losing her; he was going to keep her. He would make her happy just like she made him happy. Ethan chose Katie. Katie was the present, and Simon was the past.

A/N
I know guys... Seems like Ethan's going for Katie... I'm sorry, I don't mean to hurt you guys. I don't want to give too much away but in the end, all of the characters will be happy, whether they got the person they love or not. That's all I'm going to say for now, not giving too much away! *zips mouth and throws away key*

Thank you for 11K! This book is progressing so fast I can't believe it! Thank you thank you thank you!