Chapter 6

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

For those of you who've been begging me for the next chapter, here it is... Hope you like it!

Let me just say a few things first - I don't live in the US, I've never been there but I really want to! AND I've never driven a car before - so please understand if a few things aren't correct. Let me know if you find any mistakes, and I'll fix them =)

Another thing! Once you get to the three stars, like this ---> ***

PLEASE play the song on the side! You won't regret it! =)

**************************************************************************************************************

I woke up to Jay shoving clothes into a black duffel bag. His clothes draws were left open with messy piles of clothes stuffed inside and scattered on the floor. I groaned and stretched my arms, before closing my eyes again.

“I know you’re awake Cass. Get up, we need to go.” I groaned louder this time and pulled the duvet over my head. I wasn’t exactly a morning person, at least not until my morning fix of coffee.

He tugged on the comforter, but I held on tighter. My hands were starting to ache, but I wouldn’t give in. I just wanted to go back to sleep. This didn’t stop him though. He just picked me up, comforter and all, and dumped me on the floor.

“Ouch! Jay!” I shouted at him, even though the fall had been cushioned by the comforter and hadn’t hurt at all. He usually apologizes if he hurts me and gives in – cheating maybe, but it works.

“Get up Cass. I’m serious. We have to go now.” His voice was rarely this stern with me, so I knew it was serious. I tossed the comforter off my head and frowned at him.

“Why?” I couldn’t help but feel confused, why was he in such a rush?

“You know why.” His green eyes locked with mine, and suddenly everything came back to me. The demon attack, the journal’s, finishing the Impala, and needing to go.

“ Holy Shit!”

“Yeah. Now get changed, get your bag and let’s get out of here.”

I nodded and grabbed my duffel, digging out a pair of jeans and a black T-Shirt. “Why the rush though?” I asked him.

He sighed, “Just trust me Cass.” I opened my mouth to ask what’d happened, but he stopped me before I could say anything. “We haven’t got time. I’ll tell you later.”

I sighed at his answer, but let it drop anyway. I hated not knowing things, but he’s right. We haven’t got time to talk. Not unless we want them to be our last words anyway.

Once our bags were packed, we jumped in the Pick-up, and drove to the garage. The paint on the Impala should have dried now, and I couldn’t wait to get her on the road. She’s the only good part of this ‘road trip.’

I insisted on driving, and although Jay was adamant he was going to drive, he soon gave in and let me. After all, it is my car, and I’m stubborn as hell when I want to be.

 I started the engine up and sighed at the sound. I could never get tired of hearing it. I drove out of the garage, but stopped out the front while Jay locked up. The boys didn’t get in until eight, so there’s still another two hours yet.

My god it’s too early for this.

Jay hopped in, and slammed the door. I turned to glare at him. “What?” he asked.