Falling sand.

I stood alone. I was back from my capture and experiments, or done being experimented on, and I wanted to see her again. I wanted to see the dragon who had inky black scales and starry night wings. I wanted to see the dragon that listened to me, smiled at me, comforted me and believed in me. I wanted to run into her arms and tell her i missed her and needed her back in my life. I wanted everything, but she is what i wanted to most.

We grew up together, she was a nightwing and I was a sandwing. But it worked out. We would spend our young life at night, playing in the sand and talking and adventuring. We spent our nights together because she was a nightwing who was in sandwing territory, and I wanted her never to leave. I was always the odd one in my small village, I talked about equality and how no dragon was better than the other, I would tell my 'friends' about my ideas. But they would just laugh and beat me up later. I was (and still am) a scrawny dragon. Not enough food in the desert to eat I guess.

Later after being beaten up so many times and never finding a family for a child who had no place to call home, I found her. I was broken and weak and scared up because of my rough life. She was alone at night while I was too, I was hunting for a snake that I saw, I followed its trail and it lead me running into a young nightwing. We were scared at firs but you would not believe how many times after that we ran into each other! It would be funny if it wasn't for me to believe in destiny. We became friends and hung out at night because of her being a nightwing in sandwing territory. I would tell her about my dream of changing what others thought about the tribes around them, she would polity shake her head and agree or ask me how I would do it or other questions on that topic. We grew closer and closer, almost so close it was as if she was my sister. We would have been inseparable if it wasn't for our tribes and how she had to go before day to hide away. But we had a meeting place, we always found each other by a cactus that was shaped like a dragons tooth. 

Then the days had to quit, like I say "destiny has its way of testing your scales strength. We were by the cactus of a dragons tooth when day approached and right before we knew it, nightwings were upon us. Long story short, they figured out I was the sandwing who thoughts dragons were equal and took me away for it. I was tortured and mutated to turn into something, I didn't quite catch that part. So after who knows how long, I was sent home-er, free, sense I do not have a place in this world.

I woke up by the cactus I was captured at and I wished she was here to comfort me. I had not seen her in who knows how long. I ended up waiting there for years, never moving to eat, never needing to entertain myself, I felt empty, separated, something was just not right, but I couldn't put my talon on it. And after years she came, at least what i think was close enough to the small caring nightwing I once knew.

A dragon swooped down from the sky but I didn't move. I felt eyes on me as it surrounded me, but my eyes wouldn't open. I felt a strong breath ghost over my eyes and snout as I soon opened my eyes to look eye to eye with a full grown nightwing. "I never gave up on you." was the only words said that whole minute. We stared at each other for a long time, then, out of no where, she attempted to hug me.

My body fell apart right there, and I had no control over any of it.

I stretched my arms for I didn't feel death come upon me that day. And the more I searched for my fingers the more I felt the sand move around where my soul was. I moved every part I could think about and finally when I finished blinking my eyes of blackness, I was a whole dragon again. She was standing there, in front of me, crying. I had never seen here cry before, and I don't want to see her cry again. I wrapped my wings around her but they fell from my back to sand, I stretched my wings and then sand traveled up my back filling in the spots where my wings once were. My wings were back but my feel was not.

"You, you wont ever be able to hug me again. ever." She whispered so quiet, as if she didn't want to blow too hard my direction that I would fall apart. I wanted to cry but I couldn't feel the tears, I wanted to comfort her and say 'no that's not true' but it was, I was empty and falling apart. I would never be the strong dragon in my mind that I had tried so hard to become all those years ago.

I stood there staring at her, trying to open my mouth and say something but it was no use, no comforting words that would heal my pain would come from my mouth that night, so I settled for something simple, something still caring, something I wish could change everything, something I wish could save me and her from this horrible dream, or nightmare. "Nothing will ever break my love for you." It was simple, but still so heartfelt. It was easy to say but still so warm. So very, very warm. She was my family, and as family you have to stay together, no matter what destiny tries to throw at you.

=====================================================================================

Hope you enjoyed, the dragons do not have names and the sandwing does not have a gender for it yet so yeah.

steal if you want I'm just here to give ideas and trust that others will ask first before they make there own piece of the story or continue it or steal the whole thing!

But yeah just a little idea I had and I wanted to get one thing out at least, before I go back to school! Let me know what you think because I would love to know!

 ~*Taker

=====================================================================================