Chapter 1

"Would you like to present your project first Addie Clears, and Zoey Walsh?" Mrs. Monroe asked. Mrs. Monroe is an art teacher. She has short light brown hair that's curly. She always paired people up for projects based on their contrasts in appearance and how they think of things differently. Mrs. Monroe made everyone take a survey in the beginning of the year to figure out everyone's personalities. It was obvious that Mrs. Monroe paired Addie and Zoey together based on their appearances. Addie was the third tallest person in the grade, but was the tallest girl. Zoey was... well, she was short. Zoey could hide in a crowd, but Addie couldn't. Addie was tall and she has bright blue and purple hair. While Zoey has dark brown hair in a short bob hairstyle. They had something in common though, they were both loud.

When class ended, Mrs. Monroe had the rest of the day off so she was leaving too. We had to go in a single file line in alphabetical order. Of course, Zoey was last in line.

When school ended, Zoey rushed out of school and ran home. Her house is only 3 blocks away. Once she got home, her parents were waiting for her with daily questions about school. Before her parents could start their questions, Zoey blurted out,"Can I change my name?"

"Zoey, why in the world would you want to change your name? I thought you loved it." her mother asked. Zoey's mom has long dark brown hair.

"Well it's been a long time, and I'm getting tired of being last all the time." Zoey complained.

"Isn't there another girl at your school that has a last name that's after yours?"

"There isn't anymore, there was that one girl, Tanya Zanders, but she moved away five years ago."

"We can't just change your name Zoey." Zoey's dad said calmly.

"Fine!" Zoey said and stormed away.

Zoey stomped upstairs and into the hallway with all the family scrapbooks, then she went through her scrapbook to look at when her parents named her. When she found the picture it was where her mom was pointing at the name "Zoey" in the name book. Zoey wished she was there, right there, that very moment so she could tell her mom to choose a different name. She went through her scrapbook some more. Then she saw a picture of when she was 4 and she was at Disney World with Addie. Zoey also noticed that Addie had her pure hair, nothing dyed yet, pure gold hair. Well... not pure gold but, blond gold hair. In the picture, Addie is still taller than her, Zoey is pretty sure that Addie was always taller than her. Zoey wished she could go there, in the picture. Where she didn't care about being last, because she never was. Wishing. Wish was all the Zoey could do. She said it out loud, so she can at least believe it. "I wish I could go to Disney World with Addie again. Back when I was 4. It would be... magical, just like it was when I was four." Zoey said quietly.

Wishes Come True (A Short Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें