Chapter 3

Zoey was back home, staring at the picture of her and Addie at Disney World. "Yes!" Zoey whispered out loud. Zoey picked up the picture of her mom pointing at the name "Zoey" out of the scrapbook and brought it to her room. She sat on top of her bed and stared down at it. She decided to make a small pillow fort around her. Then she took the roof off and looked at the time. 4:14pm. Wow, so while Zoey was back in time, the time didn't go on. Then she put the pillow back on top and looked down at the picture again. She felt how soft her new pillows were and wished she lived in a house made out of them. She quickly took out her phone and took a selfie so she could go back when she discovered what she could do...and see her pillow fort's structure. Then Zoey said, "I wish I was in the picture, this picture, where my mom just chose my name, Zoey." Zoey said quietly.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Zoey sees her mom sitting on the couch, but her mom doesn't seem to notice her because she is still looking through the name book. Then Zoey says, "Hi mom." She doesn't answer Zoey so she says it again but louder, "HI Mom!" She still doesn't hear Zoey. Then she looks up and still doesn't acknowledge Zoey because she is practically looking straight at her, and still not saying anything. Then Zoey realized something. She actually doesn't see her. Zoey wasn't not born yet, so she's like a ghost. Zoey can see her but, her mom can't see, or hear her. "Oh no OH NO!" Zoey said out loud. How can she convince her mom to change her name if her mom can't actually hear her?

Zoey's mom is talking to Zoey's dad now. Zoey walks right through her dad. Then she went in front of her dad and jumped up and down trying to get anyone's attention. While Zoey was jumping, she was slowly going backwards, into her dad. Zoey stopped jumping once she realized she was actually inside of her dad. "Mom?" Zoey said hoping to get an answer this time.

"Sarah?" Zoey's dad asked her mom.

"Hmm?" Zoey's mom asked not looking up from the name book.

Zoey waited for her dad to answer, but he didn't. It was like he didn't know he just said that. Or he was still thinking. Zoey tried to call her mom again, "MOM!"

"Sarah." Zoey's dad said a little louder.

"What?" Zoey's mom asked, finally looking up from the name book.

Zoey realized what was happening. Since she was inside of her dad, she could control what he would say, he wouldn't say anything else, until Zoey stepped out of her dad. Her dad wouldn't say exactly what Zoey would say, but in his own way. Now Zoey figured out how she was going to change her name.

"Mom, what names do you like in that book?" Zoey asked, still inside of her dad.

"Sarah, what names do you have in mind in that book?" Zoey's dad asked.

"I'm liking the name Zoey here." Zoey's mom said

"How about the name... umm... Cassidy? Zoey asked.

"What about the name Cassidy?" Zoey's dad asked.

"Hmm... I like Zoey more." Her mom said.

"Zoey and Walsh are at the end of the alphabet, why can't we have my first name near the beginning of the alphabet?" Zoey said.

"The names Zoey and Walsh are near the end of the alphabet, why can't we have her first name in the beginning of the alphabet?" said Zoey's dad.

"Okay, I guess the name Cassidy could work." Zoey's mom said. Then Zoey stepped out of her dad just as her mom said,"Hey Cassidy Walsh sounds nice."

"Yeah, it does." Her dad said.

"Yes! It worked!" Zoey cheered,"Now it's time to get back home! I wish I could go back home, right before I went back to when my parents were picking my name."