V.

Standing up and stretching I yawned and looked at the alarm clock on my nightstand.  5:56 AM. I looked around the room and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I walked into the bathroom. Taking a quick shower I threw my hair hair up in a bun and pulled on a pair of nike sweats and one of my old softball hoodies. I grabbed my keys and wrote a quick note for Keana. Stepping outside into the air I put my headphones in my ear and shuffled my music and started walking to the small cafe a couple blocks away.

Walking into the cafe I opened my arms for the elderly woman who was behind the counter.  "Anne!"  Anne was definitely like my second mother here in New York.  I had found the small hole-in-wall cafe during finals my first year and Anne had sat me down and let me rant to her for an hour and a half and since then whenever I was having a problem or just needed some time to chill out Anne was always there for me.

"Y/N you're here very early, is everything okay?" The short woman took her hands from around my waist and looked up at me with a raised eyebrow.

I let out a laugh. "Everything's great, I actually invited someone for coffee."

Anne let out a chuckle. "Someone? Or someone special?"

I groaned. "Anne please I just met the girl!"

The gray haired woman raised her eyebrow once more. "You haven't bought anyone here since that ex of yours."

I stifled a laugh.  "You never liked Vero did you?"

Anne clicked her tongue and shook her head. "She was a floozy Y/N."

"Anne stop!" I shook my head at the woman and cracked a small smile. "Go make me some coffee Anne."

"Don't get bossy with me  Y/N."

"Just kidding! Can I have some coffee please."

"You're lucky I love you Y/N."

"Thanks Anne!" I shot her a huge grin and went to go sit at a small table near the window of the shop.

A small smile graced my lips as a red faces Lauren walked into the shop, grinning when she saw me. She walked over to the table and sat across from me, much like yesterday.

"So why couldn't you sleep?"

Lauren gave me a confused look. "Huh?"

"You said you couldn't sleep." I shrugged.

Her eyes widened in realization and she sighed. "A Lot was on my mind."

"Want to talk about it?"

Lauren shook her head. "I just needed a distraction."

I was about to reply when Anne came out with two coffees and reached our table. "Two coffees for you and the pretty lady."

I groaned. "Anne stop."

The woman laughed and I glanced at Lauren's colored cheeks shaking my head.

"Thank you." Lauren smiled at Anne and sent a small smile my way.

"Manners. I like her Y/N."

"Anne please."

"I'm just saying!" Anne shrugged and walked back into the kitchen shaking her head.

"I'm sorry about her Laur, she wants me to get into a relationship so bad."

Lauren let out a laugh. "It's endearing."

"It's annoying."

"Like you?"

I let out a loud laugh. "Just like me."

Lauren leaned her elbows onto the table and sat with her chin in her hands "Tell me about yourself."

I cracked a smile. "What do you want to know green eyes?"

"Give me your while your whole life story for all I care."

I shrugged. "My names Y/N M/N L/N, I'm 20, my favorite color is purple and I'm banned from the Walmart three blocks from here. Now tell me about you."

Lauren raised her eyebrow. "Why are you banned from Walmart first of all?"

"Long story, It wasn't my fault though."

Lauren shook her head. "My name is Lauren Michelle Jauregui, I'm 19, my favorite color is yellow ironically considering I wear black 99% of the time and I'm banned from a McDonalds in Miami."

---
A/N- More fluff because shit might go down in a couple chapters :)

Rose Out.

(P.S make sure you drink some water cutie)