Paranoia

Luke was hoping, even praying to a non-existent god of some sort, that it would never happen - that Clementine would never notice. But of course she did. She's too smart.

"You and Nick seem like really close friends," is what she said.

Luke waved it off as pure curiosity at first. He only said, "We've been friends for quite a while, Clementine."

He should've been more careful after that. Yeah, he told Nick, they both know, but they didn't mind it. There's weren't too worried... or worried at all.

There weren't quieter, they weren't sneakier. There weren't trying any harder. But they should've.

It was all of the sudden when Clementine asked him.

"Are you gay, Luke?"

Luke froze when he heard that. Where did that come from?

"Uh..."

Clementine just shook her head. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. But even if you were, I wouldn't mind. My neighbors were a gay couple, and they were really cool people. You don't have to worry."

Before Luke could coherently respond, Clementine already left to hang out with Sarah. Luke stood there, still spluttering to himself when Nick came up behind him, a tender hand on his shoulder.

"What's wrong with you?" Nick asked.

Luke managed to pull himself together to say, "I... Clementine is onto something."

***

That night, Luke and Nick didn't do anything besides lying in bed, cuddling, and talking to each other.

"We should try being more cautious, Nick," Luke whispered, staring at Nick as they laid under the sheets together.

"We'll be fine," Nick tiredly mumbled, tightening his grip on Luke's waist. "Why are you even trying to keep it a secret from her? It seems to me like she already knows."

Luke sighed, pulling himself closer to Nick. "I... I guess, but still, we don't know how she'll react."

"Considering you told me that she doesn't mind and already fully aware about us, I wouldn't be so worried, Luke."

Luke looked at Nick's face one more time, pondering on the idea, until he gave out a sigh of defeat. "Alright, I guess.

"There's nothing to worry about," Nick reassured once again before finally pulling Luke into an embrace. "Love you," he said.

"Love you too," Luke replied, smiling to himself when he felt Nick plant a kiss on the top of his head.

Little did they know, Clementine could hear them perfectly fine through the thin walls between the rooms.

***

YUP, I know, very, VERY short. But, I have another one that I'm going to type up right once I post this one, so... yeah. Hope you liked it! That wasn't the best I could've done - very blunt, and straight to the point, but I wasn't going for length in this one. I just wanted to get my idea out of my mind, because lately, I keep getting a lot of fanfiction ideas that I end up not writing at all, or losing the energy to do so. Yay, for procrastination and pure laziness!

Thanks for reading! Leave a vote if you enjoyed it, and a review if you feel up to the challenge of pressing buttons with your fingertips (I know, so much work). I mean, I always give up on commenting on stuff in fear of judgement and sounding stupid, so I don't blame you! And if you just don't want to comment, that's fine too! No hard feelings!

Bai!

-Jia | Eren | Noya