Chapter 4: Eugene's lament

Ω Jack's POV Ω

"You have got to be kidding me!" Bunnymund complained once he saw us. "Not again..."

"Nice to you too, kangaroo." I mutter and crossed my arms. "Where's north?"

"In his study. He's sorta busy so I suggest you don't go in there." A new, nicer, voice chimed in. I looked over to see Toothiana grinning at the doorway. "I'll let you guys inside and you can explain everything to me."

Bunnymund grumbled and disappeared into the house.

Inside, Sandy was sat on a couch watching TV. He looked kind of tired at first but brightened up once he saw his half sister, Rapunzel.

"So... Getting straight to the point..." Hiccup clapped his hands together. "We kind of need a new list..."

"I figured as much..." Tooth tapped her chin and stared at a door that was labeled 'North's Study' in silver letters. "I am the one who put it together last time... However I haven't received any word from my helpers at all recently..."

"Helpers?" I piped in.

"Mhm. They're little hummingbirds that can carry messages for me. Very cute, actually." She giggled.

Rapunzel sat down beside Sandy on the couch and started to watch whatever was playing... It looked like anime, and I did not know Sandy was in to those kinds of shows.

"I'm going to go tell North that you're here." Tooth spoke, quickly buzzing into the study.

---

As I sat beside Rapunzel, waiting for North to make an appearance, I heard a small tap on a window. At first I thought nothing of it, but it was repetitive and kind of annoying.

Soon, Merida bolted up from her seat and marched to the window, throwing it open. But her tough persona broke apart as a small bird darted inside, making her shriek.

"It's a humming bird." Hiccup announced, trying desperately to catch it for Tooth. But the winged animal ignored him and perched right on top of my head.

"huh?" I looked up in confusion. "Maybe it has news?"

"Sssshhhh..." Toothiana hushed and rushed over to the bird who still sat on top of me. The hummingbird tweeted softly, and tooth simply smiled and nodded. "Thank you. That's a lot of help."

The humming bird cocked her head up proudly and flew back out the window.

"She said that Aphrodite knows where Hephaestus is... But not khione." Tooth crossed her arms, glancing between me and Hiccup. "But Aphrodite refuses to tell anyone until she is entertained somehow. I guess all you can do is go find the beauty queen and perform for her."

"But where do we find her?" Merida sighed, closing the window.

"She's not that far." A low voice chuckled. A smile made its way onto my face as I noticed North looking down at us joyfully. "She's in Central Park... I can get you guys over there fast."

"All we do is go back and forth with this quest..." I heard Hiccup groan as he tapped his prosthetic foot on the ground impatiently.