26: Dead Serious

Cute Guys And Their Lies - Dead Serious

In strolled Nick's mother. You know, his mother who died of cancer. She looked like she had been crying due to the fact that her eyes were rimmed with red, her wig was beyond tangled, and she was sniffling. I guess the tissue she was blowing her brains into gave me reinforcement to my idea. Her body was frail, hunched, and a whole lot sicker than I remembered. The cancer has seriously taken a toll on her structure. She's so thin it's almost unbelievable.

"Um...?" Why was she here? Shouldn't she be with her son bailing him out or something?
Surprisingly enough, her tone was fierce and laced with what I could only describe as pure and complete hatred. "You little deceiving bitch!" She growled.

"What the hell?" She was wagging her finger at me, and it kind of reminded me of a scary movie. There's always a scene where some creepy and excessively wrinkly person with a scratchy voice exclaims at the unknowing bystander who happens to be cursed. Except I'm not cursed. I hope.
"Excuse me?!" Emily shrieked at the same moment.

And in the matching instant my mother cried out something protective and motherly, defending my honor yet cursing the old woman for being such a Debbie Downer. I mean I've already been stabbed by her son, what more could she want?
AND HOW IS SHE ALIVE?
"You!" She screamed louder, getting even closer to me. Alex and Aiden were on the defensive immediately. "My son loved you!" Her tone was close to tears.

Okay, bi-polar cancer stricken old hag needs to get on her meds already before my brother's crush her bony ass.

"He would never!" She seemed to be talking to herself, as she kind of caught this lost look in her eyes. But she was still stepping one wobbly leg in front of the other, and she still was a threat.

I pressed the call nurse button.

"Emilia! Calm down!" My mother commanded.

"You know he did!" She screamed, coming even closer to me.

This is beyond freaky.. I thought Nick said she was dead? Why is she here, in my hospital room? Why is she so pissed? Her son chose to stab me! I didn't have any part of it. Why the hell isn't this nurse here yet?!

"He said you were dead." I looked up at her. "Why the hell aren't you dead?" That was kind of rude, now that I think about it. But apparently we're past the friendly chit chat and on to the creepy banter.
"Ava!" my mother hissed.

"What?" I asked innocently, already knowing that she picked up on my rudeness as well. Mothers are good at that, always knowing when their child is being rude and whatnot.

"What's going on here?" My dad asked, looking kind of confused as he walked through the door. "What's with all the yelling?"
"Some creepy dead woman is after me." Should I be surprised? No. I've sinned so much, it's not even that big of a deal anymore.
"What?" my father looked disbelieving before turning to my mother and asking her instead of me, seeing as I'm obviously not thinking straight.
My mother opened her mouth to retell the events but a nurse came in, took one look at Nick's mother, Emilia who was struggling in Alex's grip and bolted from the room, screaming for security. She didn't even know the story, so I hope she was calling them on Emilia and not my brother. Seeing as my brother is like super tatted up at the moment, she probably thought he was a criminal or something. Especially since Emilia is so little and fragile looking.
But that bitch is crazy.

Chemo must be taking a toll. Even her wig looked matted and gross.
"...It's complicated." I assured him.
Evan walked back in, looking a lot better than before. Now he looked refreshed and oh so yummy. Maybe it's my medication and its effect on my hormones, but I'd love a piece of that right about now. Kinky, dirty, enjoyable hospital sex.