♧Chapter 7♧ (Lilly's POV)

Lillian's POV

I hesitated to knock on Nora's door.

My mother?

I thought my mother was Cora but it must be her sister Nora. But why are both their names on my birth certificate?

"Coming." she called out.

She opens the doors and she looks at me wide eyed.

"Hello mother." I say.

"Lillian, how do you know?" Nora asks pulling me in the door.

"Daniel, he uh left a file that had my real parent's names in it."

"I am guessing you want the whole story?" she eyes me wearily.

"Yes please." I nodded.

"Cora is my sister. Since I was living in the castle, I could not take care of a child, so I gave Cora you because she could not have any children. We visited you when you were a few years old but did not after we found out you were a witch. We destroyed any files here in the castle that you were a witch so know no one would find out. Then, I found out you were taken and became a servant here. I always watched you and I put you in the library position because I wanted to see you again but I guess it did not exactly go as planned." she said.

"Who is my father?" I ask.

"He was a one night stand, his name was William. He was my um, mate." Nor-my mother said the last part I could barely hear it.

"William? King Jackson's best fighter who died saving Jessalyn?" I ask.

"Yes. I was stupid back then and I got pregnant with you and I was eight-teen then but that was nineteen years ago." she smiles

So my father's name is William, my real mother is my fake mother's sister. My real mother is thirty-seven years old.

"Are you married?" I ask.

"Yes, to your step father, Quincy and we had your half-sister, Layla."

"Wait? Layla?" I asked, wide eyed.

"Yes, Layla, she is your little sister. One and a half years younger." my mother smiles.

"Layla?" I ask again.

"Yes, Layla." she frowns.

"Why are both of your names on my birth certificate?" I ask.

"If one of us died, when you were little, they would know who to contact."

"Why would one of you die?"

"Cora, she had cancer. Brain tumor and was not going to live that long so she called me and told me she was going to turn you in."

"She turned me in?"

"She did not know what else to do, she wanted what was best for you."

"What is best for me? Turning me in so they can teach me to clean, that is a good idea?" I practically yelled.

She nodded, "It was the only way to keep you off of people's radar. Obviously it did not work but we kept you safe. We only wanted what was best for you. We wanted you to be safe". We both stayed silent for a few minutes.

"Is she dead?"

"Yes,"

I held back my tears, blinking them away.

"I better get going. Zachary told me I could talk to you for a short while." I say standing up.

"Okay dear, goodbye." she wraps her arms around me, hugging me.