You Are The Only Exception:Ch 32 {T/S Relationship}

~You Are The Only Exception: {Teacher/Student Relationship}~

Chapter 32

_________________________________________________________

"I hate gym." I sighed.

I had gym class, before lunch started. I sighed again once I felt my stomach growl.

I heard Rikki chuckle. "Just one more hour. Do you think you can wait that long?"

I felt my lip twitch. I use to think I could, all the rest of this week, I thought I could, but I was so tempted to raid any refrigerator. One in particular. Everett's. "Maybe you should bring a snack to school from now on, you know?" Derek whispered.

I gave him a sarcastic look. "Ya, think?" It wasn't that bad when I came to school the four day last week, and now another two weeks had already passed. Meaning I had one weeks of school left, which was basically exams.

You would have thought I would have learned to bring a snack to school. My hunger was getting out of control. I was hungry every couple or few hours. Actually, this week, I started to wake up in the middle of the night, and walked all the way to the fridge to get some kind of snack.

I soon remembered the past weeks. Everett wasn't his hateful self anymore, but he still was with the coach. He would now smile at me, and help me with my now finished essay. It felt as if things went back to normal, almost. I still couldn't wrap what he said around my head. Or what Riley said.

He smiled at my expression, and held up his hands. "Hey, I was just trying to help. And at least it's friday."

"Friday, gotta get down on Friday." Sam sang, and she sat next to me, on the wooden floor of the gym.

"Shut up." Rikki, Derek, and I said in unison.

She let out a huge laugh. "Grr."

I heard someone running towards us, I looked up in time to see... Sarah? Was that her name. She reached us, and I smiled. I looked at Sam, and she shrugged her shoulders. "Oh my god. Did you guys hear?" She said slightly out of breath.

"Uh, no. So spill." Sam laughed.

"Well, I heard Coach Perez is going to be out for the rest of the school year for some surgery or something..." she trailed off.

"Hello?" Attitude laced in Rikki's voice.

I elbowed his rib. "What else?" I asked nicely, and glanced at Rikki to glare at him.

"Oh, uh. Right! Mr. Thompson is taking his place." she grinned.

I forced on a fake smile. "Whoo." Fake enthusiasm in my voice.

"I know right!" She squealed. "Text me." She smiled, waved at us, and started walking away.

"What a surprise!" Derek sighed.

"No it's not. As if last period wasn't enough with that guy." I sighed.

I saw Sarah come back, and smiled. "You said something."

I smiled. "No, you did." and laughed.

"Yeah, and then I walked away, and then you said something so I'm back." She grinned.

"Your funny." I laughed.

She laughed, again. "Oh okay, bye." She waved yet again.

I couldn't stop the laugh that was in me. This reminded me of Easy A, way too much.

Our laughing stopped short, when Coach Jane started clapping. "Hey guys, I'm still new here so Mr. Thompson here," She gestured to her right side. "is here to help me." She said while grinning.

A couple of aw's filled the room. "Seriously? Out of all the teachers it had to be him." I heard Rikki grumble.

"Rikki, shut up." I whispered. I gulped hard, and I felt a bit queasy all of a sudden, or something. I looked in front of me to see some boys shirt was dripping in sweat. I took a breath, and suddenly gagged. I put a hand over my mouth, and my eyes widened. I smelled these guys all year round, and this was a first.

"Hey, are you okay?" Rikki whispered.

I nodded, my hand still over my mouth. "Okay, so Everett here will have the girls, and the boys will follow me outside." Coach Jane looked around at us, while smiling.

Everett leaned over to whisper something to her, a frown standing out on his face. Suddenly Coach Jane's face was the same, and soon she put on a smile. "Alright girls, you go with Mr. Thompson."

Ah, so he corrected her. As all the boys stood up, and walked passed me, their sweaty body odor upsetting my stomach even more.

"Alright ladies." Everett's bright smile making almost all the girls sigh. His eyes landed on me, and I swear his eyes twinkled with amusement. I guess it was because my hand was still over my mouth, or it was because my other one came up to plug my nose. "Michelle." he smiled my way. "Is there something wrong? Perhaps some odor?"

Immediately my face burned, and I put my hands in my lap. All eyes were on me, and I looked down. "No, nothing."

"Alright." He chuckled. "So, I was thinking we could play some basketball, get some of your skills up."

The girls cheered, and I would have if I wasn't scared of puking. Suddenly all the girls stood up, and made there way to the basketball racks.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay? You look like-"

I stood up abruptly cutting her off, and ran towards the girls locker room. I quickly hung over one of the many bathroom stalls, and quickly emptied out my stomach's contents.

"Shit, Michelle." I heard Sam say, as she held onto my hair.

A new voice came in. "Is she okay?"

I felt my hair drape over my shoulders again, as Sam yelled at the intruder. "Hey! You can't be in here! It's the girls locker room!"

"I know that." Their voice calm.

"Mr. Thompson." Sam's voice harsh.

I sat back down on the cool tiled floor, my forehead sweaty, my eyes shut tightly. I hated puking, it was like, once I started I just couldn't stop. But I guess it was because I had only eaten breakfast all day that I stopped.

I felt a hand cupping my cheek. "Michelle, look at me."

I opened my eyes, as saw him. "I'm fine." I whispered. I tired to push up off the floor, but failed.

"Right." he chuckled. I felt one of his arms go behind my knees, and his other wrap around my waist. He lifted me up effortlessly. "I'll be taking her to my room, since the nurse is long gone by now."

I looked over at Sam who was glaring at Everett. "Just so you know, she hasn't eaten since breakfast. So she probably threw up, from lack of food." I knew she was trying to make up and excuse for my sudden nausea.

I felt Everett nod. "Go tell Coach Jane that I'm going to my room."

I heard Sam mumble something that sounded like, "Whatever."

Soon enough Everett set me down on his chair, and soon passed me some minty gum. I looked at it, and then up at him. He was smirking sheepishly at me. I sighed, and unwrapped it, soon placing the gum in my mouth, and began chewing.

"Are you really hungry?" He asked as he leaned against the lab table that was directly in front of his desk.

I stopped chewing, blushed, and looked away. "Yes." I whispered.

"Alright," he ran a hand through his hair, and walked around his desk to his fridge that sat next to his filing cabinet.

His classroom door opened, and a Coach Jane appeared as she turned on the lights. I closed my eyes from the sudden brightness. I heard a faint sigh come from Everett direction. He stood up as he closed the mini fridge door. An ice pack was placed in front of me. I stared at it for a few seconds before putting it to my forehead, faking a fever.

"Hey." She smiled at me, and then grinned at Everett.

"You need to be in the gym." Everett scowled her.

"They can take care of themselves." She touched his forearm. "So, what's wrong with Michelle here?"

"She isn't feeling well, she threw up not that long ago."

"And you couldn't send her to the nurse?"

"No." Everett's voice was hard. "If you pay attention to what I say, you would know that the nurse leaves this period, and isn't back until last period."

"Well no need to be rude." She snapped back.

"I wouldn't have to be if you just listened."

"Ugh. Your so frustrating."

Everett laughed humorlessly. "I am. Right?"

And here I sit, in silence. This really couldn't get anymore awkward. I debated on clearing my throat, or faking a sneeze, or dropping a pen on the floor, just something to let them know I was still here.

"So, what are you saying? You're breaking up with me?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

Everett didn't looked fazed from her facial expression. Me on the other hand. I tried not to laugh. I mean it was scary don't get me wrong.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing."

Coach Jane finally looked at me, and then back to Everett. She did that a couple more time before focusing on me again. She glared at me, and I suddenly felt small. "Your going to regret this. I swear." She spun on her heel, and soon was out the door. The door opened up again, and a hand snaked in, found the light switches, and flicked them off. She slammed the door this time, as if proving something.

Silence fell in the room. "So." I whispered breaking the silence.

Everett turned, facing me, a huge smile on his face. He walked over towards me, grabbed my face, and pressed his lips to mine. I put my hand on his chest, and pushed him back.

"Hey!"

"Sorry." he said, and held up his hands. "I couldn't help it." he smiled.

"Yeah, sure. So, what was that for?"

"I missed you." he grinned.

"Jerk." I mumbled.

I heard him chuckle, as he went back to his fridge, and pulled out a bag of grapes. He placed them in front of me, and I soon opened the bag, and placed one in my mouth. "Hungry?"

"Yeah, I've been hungry a lot." I murmured.

"Are you eating right?"

More like too much, I think. "Yeah, yeah I am. What's that suppose to mean?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

He laughed. "I was just asking Michelle."

"Right." I sighed.

More silence. "So graduations next friday. Are you excited?"

I grinned. "Yeah."

"What do you plan on doing?" he smiled.

"I don't know." I whispered, and frowned. I can't go to parties. I can't drink, and I don't want someone slipping me something. It was just too risky. Rikki's visiting his family for the thousandth time. Derek's probably going on a vacation with his family, and Sam's probably going to do the same. So that leaves me with Riley, and Miles.

"That's no fun." he chuckled. "I'm going back to Corpus to visit some people." His voice went tight as he said 'people'. As I was about to ask who, he started again. "I wish you could come, but..." he trailed off.

I laughed. "I can manage with only Riley, and Miles."

Everett looked at me, and nodded. A forced on smile taking over his lips. "I'll only be gone only for a couple of days, and then all three of us can do something."

I nodded. "Sounds good. So what are you going to do down at Corpus?"

He hesitated, and looked away. "Just to visit some friends."

Yet again, I nodded and didn't push any further. "Are you going to be there on graduation night?" I whispered.

I felt Everett grab my hand. "I wouldn't miss it for anything." he smiled, and was about to lean in again.

I don't know if it was reflex, or it was for the whole time he was dating the Coach. But I slapped him. His eyes snapped opened, and stared at me. The hand that had mine was now rubbing his cheek. "I'm sorry." I laughed.

"You sound so apologetic." he smirked, as he was still rubbing his cheek.

"I just don't want Coach germs on me."

"Seriously?" He laughed. "I haven't let her kiss me in like two weeks."

"I don't care. And this doesn't mean your forgiven or anything. I hate you." I crossed my arms.

"You love me." he whispered, and swiftly kissed my lips.

"Everett!" I whispered harshly.

"Michelle!" he chuckled.

A small laugh left my lips. "I'm serious quit that."

"Why?" He whispered in my neck, and placed a small kiss at the base of my neck.

"B-Because." I stuttered,

"Because why?" He now stood in front of me blocking my way out. He gripped the arm rest also. The only thing I could do was lean back more into the chair. His lips now trailing my jaw line.

"Because, " I bit my bottom lip. Think, think! Something, anything. "I'm dating Miles." I blurted out quickly.

His lips stilled on my skin, and he pulled away to look at my face. "Are you seriously?"

"Yeah." I nodded, and started relaxing as he backed away to lean against his desk.

He covered his face with one of his hands, while the other was across his chest. "Since when?" he chuckled, as if laughing at the idea of Miles with me.

Anger began boiling inside me. "So it's funny."

"Yeah, in a way it is." He smirked, enjoying each second of irritating me.

I stood up, and was about to past him until he got in my way.

"Wait, wait I'm sorry." he laughed, as he grasped my upper arm.

I groaned. "Everett, I need to get back."

He finally sighed after a few seconds. "Fine, but," he leaned forward again, his face only a few inches from mine. "One kiss." he whispered.

A smirk was playing on my lips, as I thought of an idea. "Okay." I whispered. I pressed myself against him, and soon began leaning forward. As soon as he closed his eyes, I brought my right knee back, as was about to rack him when he grabbed my thigh.

He chuckled, his breath tickling my face. "I don't think so." he whispered.

"Ugh." I tried to get him to let go, but to no avail. He had a pretty good grip on it. I pushed against his chest, but he still wouldn't budge. I had a feeling I might fall back, or something.

"Just one." he buried his face in my neck.

"I-I can't." I choked.

"You can." he whispered, as he rubbed his cheek against mine.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, and pushed against his chest with as much strength I could muster, and broke free from his grasp.

"Why can't we be together again?" he asked, his voice showed a hint of anger.

I sighed. "For one, I don't want Riley to be mad a me. Two, I would have to be mental to go back to you, again. Three, I don't think my heart can take it." I whispered.

"Michelle I swear I did nothing, please." he whispered.

"I'm sorry." I let out slowly. "But I'm with Miles." I headed towards it, but was soon stopped by his voice.

I looked over my shoulder at him. "Remember what I told you at the pizza restaurant?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah."

"If I have to I'll win you over again." he recited once again. "I'll do just that then." He laughed, and threw his head back. "You'll fall in love with me all over again. I promise." he smiled.

I couldn't help but smiled back. "I'll be waiting til then."

~_~

I walked out into the parking lot with Sam, but soon she stopped walked and stared. I looked in the direction she was staring to see her looking at Derek. The slightest pink crossed her cheek. I smiled, they would make an amazing couple.

I nudged her side. "Go, Miles is picking me up anyway." I smiled at her. "Besides I didn't know you liked him."

Her blush reddened. "I-I don't!" She whispered harshly.

"Sure." I laughed.

"Okay, I do. But..." she trailed off.

"Look, we're graduating next week and you won't see Derek for awhile. What if this is your only chance?"

She bit her lip, and finally sighed. "Okay. You're right. I'll see you later." I waved, and began walking in the other direction. I saw Miles leaning against his car talking to Riley.

I began walking, and soon Riley turned his head in my direction, and finally he smirked. "What?" I asked cautiously.

"Oh, nothing. Just here, talking, to your boyfriend." His smirk growing with each word.

I felt my face burn, as Miles laughed. "So Michelle." He grinned.

I laughed sheepishly. "I-I, " calm down Michelle, this little crush of mine on Miles has my heart going crazy. Maybe I should have said Riley. "when did he call you?"

"Around noon, he didn't sound very happy, and then he told me why." Miles smirked. "So, I played along, and told them it barely started today, and blah, blah, blah."

Riley laughed. "I can't believe you picked him though."

I turned to glare at him. "Would you rather me, have chosen you?"

His laughing stopped, as if he was thinking. "No, I rather have my ass unkicked." he smiled.

"He's not going to kick my ass."

"Please, I know this dude."

"Then why did he-"

"Hello?" I raised my voice slightly. "You two still know I'm here right?"

"Yes, babe we know." I looked at Riley and narrowed my eyes. He laughed at my facial expression, and held his hands up. "Oh okay, sorry, that's your job to call her that Miles."

Miles threw his head back. "Don't get me wrong Michelle, but I think I'm going to enjoy fake dating you." he smirked.

I smiled. "So, where to now?"

"Eh, let's go to your house." Riley pursed his lips.

"Fine." As I opened the passenger door Riley climbed into the back, and I sat down in the front.

"So, did anything else happen, beside this little incident."

I sighed, and thought maybe I should tell him. "I threw up today."

"Seriously?" Riley gasped.

"Yeah." I whispered, and looked out the window.

"Well, that's good."

I turned in my seat to looked at him. "How is that good?"

"Because, I read somewhere on the internet that if you don't have morning sickness that it would lead to a miscarriage or lead to a child with birth defects."

"And you're looking this stuff up why?" The news he told me actually made me relax a little, this was my first time. Or second? I cant' remember.

"Because I care." He grinned, and kissed my forehead.

"Oh." I let out a small laugh, and smiled.

"So, you didn't forgive him did you?"

I sighed. "No. No, I didn't."

"Good." It was silent for a few seconds, and I prayed that he didn't ask if he did anything to me. "Did he do anything to you?" Great.

"Uh, besides break up with his girlfriend in front of me... no." Not a lie, I'm just leaving out a little thing.

"Michelle." He whispered.

I bit my lip, and glanced at Miles, to see a smirk on his face. "You better answer him." he chuckled.

"I don't want to." I whined.

"Tell me, or so help me I will tickle you until you cry again."

I felt my lip twitch. "He kiss me." I mumbled.

"Excuse you? Can you repeat that for moi."

"He kiss me." I said a little louder.

"That little bitch." was all I heard from the back seat.

"I didn't do anything, I swear. It was all him, telling me to get back with him, and that's when I blurted out I was dating Miles." I let out quickly.

"Good, don't do anything, don't let him persuade you, don't let him touch you. If he wants you back his going to have to do something extraordinary, or something amazing. Both in which he is unable to do."

I took a deep breath as my ears were filled with Riley's rant. His rant filled with mostly negative thing, and rarely positive ones. And then he'd get off the subject and least all the things Everett did wrong to me.

~_~

"Okay, so what else does it say?" Riley was looking up things about pregnancy, and both him, and Miles seemed as interested, and fascinated as me.

"You six weeks already right?" he mumbled, as he stared at his phone.

Miles, who was sitting on my right looked my way. I nodded, since I had a mouth full of ice cream. "Yeah, she is." he smiled, and wiped the corner of my mouth that had ice cream on it.

"Oh man, listen to this. It says that at week six the baby will start developing facial features, and it's arms and legs will start to grow." Excitement flowing through his words.

"What about next week?" Curiosity in my body now.

"Uh, the brain, face, arms, and legs will be quickly developing."

I smiled, and stared down at my stomach. My smile faded when I remembered I still haven't told Everett. I'll tell him on his birthday. Two months away, I'll tell him. My smile was back on my face.

I heard the front door close, and turned to see my mom holding some groceries. "Hey guys." she smiled and made she way to the kitchen.

"Hi mom." I waved as she came to sit on the other side of me.

"Hello beautiful girl." She smiled. "So what's going on?"

"Nothing much." Riley mumbled as he continued researching.

"I'm dating Miles, by the way."

"Fake dating." he corrected me with a smirk.

My mom stared at me, and then shook her head. "I don't even want to know." she pulled out her phone, and began scrolling through it. "Oh, I made an appointment for you for the first week in June. It's an ultrasound, and check up kind of thing, so I was thinking one of you boys could take her, since I work."

Riley finally looked up. "I could if I don't work."

My mom turned to Miles. "I don't work."

'It's settled then, you can take her, and I'll pay you for gas, and whatever." she smiled.

"No, it's fine really." he laughed.

"What are they going to do?" I asked nervously.

"Weigh you, take more tests, and of course the ultrasound to see how the baby's growing."

"Okay." I sighed. Doctors, doctors, doctors is all I hear now.

"Don't you want him taking you instead." I heard Miles whisper in my ear.

I leaned me head against his shoulder, and shook my head no. One of his arms wrapped around my shoulder, and he pulled me against him. "I plan on telling him on his birthday." I whispered back.

I felt him nod. "That sounds good." he murmured, as his head leaned against mine. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye to see he was dozing off. I smiled.

"Hey Riley."

"Hm." he glanced up at me.

"Who is Coach Jane?"

His eyes went hard, and then he sighed. "From what I could find out from my friends down at Corpus. It turns out she dated Jared, and that he's planning something for Everett. I don't know what yet, but I'm sure he's being very cautious."

"What do you think he wants?"

"Probably to give Everett what he's been dodging." Miles mumbled, and leaning more back onto the couch.

I bit my lip. "But when Everett broke up with the coach today, she kept looking at me and-"

"Michelle, you'll be fine." Riley gave me a warm smile. "If anything were to happen to you, just know either Everett, Miles, or myself will be there to get you."

"I'll keep that in mind." and soon after this conversation both Riley, and Miles fell asleep. My mom did also but went to her room.

I started remembering back to when Everett told me he was going to Corpus. I wonder if... I sighed, and suddenly there was a knock on the front door. I slowly pulled away from Miles, and he soon was stretching out on the couch.

I went to open the front door, and here a man a little older than Everett stood in front of me. A smile on his face, a tattoo here, and there. His arms filled with them, and no telling where else they were.
"Hello." he smiled.

"Hi, uh, can I help you?"

He chuckled, and pulled some envelopes from behind his back. "I believe these were forgotten at the grocery store your mom came from."

I took them, and sure enough there was my mom names on them. "Oh, thank you." I smiled up at him.

"No problem." He chuckled again. "I'll see you soon..." he walked down the porch steps, and looked over his shoulder once more. "Michelle."

"Yeah, bye." I waved at him. He climbed into his car, and gave me one last wave before driving off. I closed the front door, and headed for the kitchen, and placed down our mail.

I soon realized something.

"How the hell did that guy know my name?" I mumbled.

I started flipping through the mail, seeing if my name was on one of them. But it wasn't, only my moms was. I shrugged thinking nothing of it. He might have heard it from someone. I didn't want to tell Riley, or Miles, or even Everett they'll just jump to conclusions about me talking to strangers, and how I would even open the door without one of them there. I could handle myself.

I shooed away any negative thoughts about this guy, and figured he was just doing a nice thing. And how he knew my name, I had no idea.

How strange.

_________________________________________________________

A/N:

COMMENT!

VOTE!

Fan!

Add my story even!

~Stephanie. <3