III

Nino's POV

I stood in the mirror buttoning my dress shirt with my phone in the crook of my neck. My attire was always casual but at the same time it always said boss. I have grown up a lot since the last y'all seen of me. I'm now 19 years old, a businessman, a father to a beautiful baby girl, and now all that is missing is being a husband. I've known since the day I got with Britt I wanted to marry her, but she acts like she ain't sure if she wants to be with me. It's annoying living like we married without the title. I hate being introduced as her boyfriend. Britt and I have been through more than enough to make us much more than just a boyfriend and girlfriend situation.

'Nino you listening?' Chase interrupted my thoughts on the phone.

'Yeah sis, I'm listening. Look I know he seem like he ain't budging on that whole marriage shift, but he loves you Chassia, you know that. I don't understand why you left' I said into the phone sitting on the bed and placing my black timbs on my feet.

'Because he needs to understand what it's like to miss me. He don't feel like I deserve a ring'

'That's not it Chase.. hold on' I heard Britt calling to me from the kitchen, 'Look I gotta go, we working tonight but Imma talk to him, you just do you Chase, he's coming back' with that we ended the call and I put on my black leather jacket to complete my look. I came into the living room seeing that Britt was sprawled out on the couch awaiting my arrival. Sammy was sleeping peacefully on the long end of the sectional.

"You look nice" she said to me as I leaned to her and kissed her lips. Her lips were gentle, soft, she made kissing her feel like heaven on earth with each and every peck.

"Kiss a nigga like that, you make me wanna stay home.. give Sammy a lil brother" I said wrapping my arms around her and kissing her neck.

"Boy!" she laughed into her response, pushing me away "Don't start nothing you can't finish" she warned. I sucked my teeth and went on my way to the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water.

"You play too much" I said to her with a slight attitude. I was annoyed that she didn't want any more kids. Brittany told me that after Sammy she was done having kids. Sammy wasn't even planned, Britt ain't have a baby shower or anything, but now that we got the money to give her everything she deserves when carrying my child, she doesn't want it.

"What time you coming home tonight?" she asked me. I lifted my head from my phone and to her gaze as she rose from the couch and made her way to the kitchen.

"I hope it ain't late, I'd rather be laid up under you" I said bringing her close.

"Well, I'll stay up and wait for you then" she smiled before kissing me.

"Don't do that baby, you never know how long I could be out, plus you need your rest ain't you helping Chase move tomorrow" she looked to me as if I didn't know what was going on with Chase and Parker.

"Yeah.. how did you-"

"You know Chase is my sister, we talked.. that's who I was on the phone with before I came out here" I said before being cut off by the ringing of my phone. It was Parker telling me it was time to go. "I gotta go baby, I love you okay?"

"I love you more Nino" we kissed intensely then she held me for a while, almost like she never wanted to let go. She always did this. Britt was afraid to lose me to these streets, after JoJo, me getting jumped, and Parker almost dying. I didn't even understand how her and Chase were able to bear the anxiety of staying with us but they did. Finally she let go and I walked over to Sammy kissing her forehead, then heading out the door.

I loved the family I had created, it was much different than the one I was born into. That wasn't a family, that was just a group of people that were coupled together and told they had to deal with each other. Brittany and I had a plan to give Sammy the best life she could possibly have, one completely different than the ones we lived.