VI

Nino's POV

'You know daddy misses you too baby girl... Yes, I'm coming home soon Sammy, I promise... you know daddy won't miss your birtday...' Sammy was turning three in two days and not once had I missed her birthday. I didn't plan on starting this year either. 'Put mommy on the phone Sammy' I looked around me to see who was listening, I seemed to be by myself at this phone but you never know who watching.

'Nino, how you doing baby?' her gentle voice broke through the phone and my heart skipped a beat. I truly loved this woman and now being away for these two months is making it harder and harder to keep going.

'I'm fine baby, what y'all got planned for Sammy's birthday?'

'I don't know. She keeps saying she wants daddy to take her to the park and she wants hot dogs... but daddy can't do that if..'

'I know Brittany... I'm trying to come home' the fact that Britt would act like I got myself into this situation aggravates the hell out of me. Every time I did business, I moved in the shadows, didn't even use my real name, always kept my family protected, nothing was ever supposed to come back to me, but somehow it did.

"Wrap it up inmates, five minutes before lights out!" I heard the warden's voice over the intercom. I readjusted my position on the wall I seemed to be holding up and cleared my throat.

'Look, I gotta go baby, but I love you and Sammy, make sure she knows that. Stay safe. I'll call y'all tomorrow' I kissed the phone as if it was her, and ended the call before wiping my face and the small tear that I had shed. My family meant everything to me and I knew I had to get them back.

***
Cell's POV

'Okay so what can you tell me? Cuz I seem to be paying you to sit on your ass all day. My men been locked up for two fucking months now! You said two weeks max... Yeah I suggest you do that' I ended the call and threw the phone to the desk. This shit was killing me. Two months my brother served in prison, Nino too, he's too young to be in there. Shit just didn't add up.

"Hey Cell.. you okay?" a soft voice with a country twang called from behind me. I knew it was Nya. I slowed my heavy breathing and turned to her. She stood there in a white tee and jeans that hugged her curves oh so well. I inhaled deeply and sighed.

"Yeah Ny, I'm good, just stressed out"
"Parker is coming home soon, I can feel it. You don't need to worry about it. It's in God's hands"

"If it was in God's hands, my brother would be home and not laying in a jail cell"

"God gives you strength to get out, he doesn't tell you what to do to get in.. Parker made his own decisions and he has to deal with them... just like you" she mumbled the last part under her breath and I looked to her as she seemed to find comfort in looking out the window.

"I made some decisions in my youth that I'm not too proud of Ny, I'm not gonna lie"

"Hmm" she said sarcastically while sipping her wine and probably thinking the worst she could about me.

"Nya I.."

"Marcel I.." Jenn burst into the room as I leaned toward Nya. I could only imagine how it looked to her but it was all innocent. Jenn still had no idea who Nya was to me exactly and I'm sure if she did know, this would go over a lot worse than it is now. "I just came to tell you that Riley wants you.." Jenn exited the room just as she came in. To my surprise she spoke nothing of Nya and I. I guess she just didn't care. To Jenn's knowledge, Nya was here for Chase to keep her comforted while Britt was away raising Sammy back home. Newark was far from where we were used to but we had to get out of the city. It became too much of a threat. We barely wanted Britt there but she argued that she wouldn't let Sammy be subject to the changes of the life her father lived. We had security on her 24/7 but it still didn't feel right having them so far away from us.