42- He is now dead

"No, yes, no, yes....yes....yes, father. I understand." I repeat into the cell phone.

"Whats he saying?" Keyon asks from above me.

I look up and see him hanging upside down from the monkey bars.

"Ash! Answer me!" My father bellows making me jump.

"Sorry, dad. Can you repeat the question?"

"Who do you plan to bring up to lead hunter now?"

"Ummmm, Marcelon?" I ask. "He was our second choice and now that Arnen is...gone...he is now the first choice."

"Marcelon it is then. Good choice, assassin. Your brother would be proud."

"Good, may I go now? Keyon is being-"

"Hello there Lucifer! How are you!?" Keyon yells from right beside me, causing me to jump and drop the phone.

"Good, now shut the hell up and help my daughter finish her job."

I snicker and grab the phone, clicking it off. I look up to Keyon to see him with tears in his eyes. "He-he told me to shut up."

"Shut up, you big baby, or I will send you to your mate with a note." I warn him.

"A note? What would the note say?"

"You won't want to know." I smirk and turn away from Keyon to keep from laughing. He drops down beside me and pokes my shoulder.

"And why wouldn't I want to know?"

"Because it is to punish you."

"And punish me-"

"Sh!" I shush him when my target gets in sight.

"Thats what we have been here for? To kill him?" Keyon whispers, laying down and playing with one of my daggers.

"Yup, you have a problem with that?"

"Kinda, I mean he is Richard-"

"He is now-" I shift my gun and aim at his head, pulling the trigger. "Dead. He is now dead."

I watch as Richard Harvey drops dead to the floor. Now I'm after Emma. The damn bitch who thought she could have my mate.

She has to pay for what she took!

I shake my head. No, that isn't how it works, demon.

Ash is right. You cant kill someone for taking what is yours.

Oh, no my demon is right. I want to kill her and have the pleasure of killing her but I dont want to be blamed.

I stand up and walk toward Richard. I look him over and listen for any noise from him. I stand there and listen for a good five minutes.

"You didn't!" I hear someone gasp.

I look up to see Alex staring at his pilot.

His dead pilot.

"Stop it!" I growl out. Everyone turns to looks at me and I frown.

"I-I have to go." I stutter out and run out of the room.

Go back and take what is yours!

Stop and think, be rational. Violence is not the answer.

Make everyone see he is yours. He wants a demon then let's give him one.

It will not help this situation, we need to get to know him and make him fall for us-

We need to make him understand we are evil, that we kill, that we will mark him and take control.

"Ash!" Someone yells. I blink and realize that Alex is standing in front of me. I look around a little and see I'm sitting in a bedroom.

Alex's bedroom.

I look back to Alex and see him frowning.

"Ash, are you okay? You let me guide you here without a response."

We can trust him, he will help us.

I meet his gray eyes. "My angel and demon are fighting again. And its over you."

"What do they want?" He asks as he sits on his bed. He opens his arms and I stand and walk over to him, sitting beside him.

He pulls me onto his lap and rests his head on top of mine. My demon starts to purr causing me to blush.

"My demon wants me to...claim you while my angel wants me to act like it is a normal relationship."

"Claim me?"

"What do werewolves do?"

"Mark then...sex."

"That's what my demon wants. We are part of the darkness, weither the wolves accept it or not, and she wants the way that ensures that no one will take you from me."

"But the wolves have the moon goddess?"

"It's hard to explain." I sigh.

"Then do it. Claim me. Make me yours. If that is what you want then do it."

I look up in shock. No, he can't want that.

That's a bad thing. No human wants fangs in their neck or wants their blood taken. No human wants a mark on their neck. No human wants a demon as a mate.

"Do it. If it makes you stay then do the damn thing. Ethan told me about marks and I've learned all about them. So they cause me pain? Is it more then you telling me you had to leave?"

"A-are you sure?"

I see him nod and move his head to the side for me to get a clear view of his neck.

Do it. Here, let me help.

My fangs elongate and a desire fills me.

Oh how sweet our mate's blood will be, on top of being human!

I gently grab his chin and his shoulder, pulling myself up.

Are you sure you want to do this?

"Yes, I am sure." Alex speaks out, catching me off guard.

I kiss him on the lips, completely taking him off guard as well.

He immediately kisses me back. He pulls back because of air and I work my way across his jaw to his neck with small kisses.

"Ash." He pants out, holding me tighter.

"Are you sure? I will stop if you want me to." I breathe out. This is affecting me much more than I thought it would.

"Yes." He breathes out.

"It will hurt-"

"Do it, I dare you."

I kiss him right where his mark will go and he moans, stirring something inside me.

I feel my fangs appear and I bite into his neck, marking him and sealing him to me. His blood fills my mouth and it tastes as sweet as marshmallows.

Everyone knows marshamallows are sweet as fuck.

I feel him tense up as a gasp escapes him.

Don't take too much, Ash. It will kill him. One more mouthful and then seal it.

I close my eyes and pull away, licking the mark to seal the wound, officially making him mine in the supernatural world.

I feel his head rest on my chest and I immediately begin panicking.

Did I kill him!?