46- Do I love him?

Jasper leads me onto the dance floor and we quickly join in on a complex dance that I always forget the name of.

"Has my brother asked you anything yet?" Jasper blurts.

"He asked me what my favorite food was and what side of the bed I sleep on but other than that, not really. Why?"

"Did he really ask you what side of the bed you sleep on?" Jazz asks in disbelief.

"Don't piss off a girl when she is tired. That and I stretch across the bed when I sleep. He got tired of my hand being in his face and snapped the lovely question of what side of the bed I sleep on."

"What was your response?" I swing out like the rest of the women and pulled back into my partner's arms.

"I said I would sleep on top of him."

"Do you really?"

"Yes."

Jazz laughs and bows as the music stops. I curtsy and the room suddenly becomes silent.

Fingers point to the top of the stairs and I see Alex standing with a regal pose. His head is slowly moving side to side as if looking for someone.

"Do you love him?" Jazz whispers.

I stay silent and watch all the women flock towards Alex as he descends the stairs.

Do I love him? That's the million dollar question.

I love his slight chuckle when I struggle to put clothes on, his cuddling when sleeping, his attention span on me, his personality, and his ability make me laugh at the simplest things.

I love his smile, his curiosity about me, about life, his hidden talents, and the way his eyes light up when he notices me.

I look to Jazz. "Yes, I do. I love your brother."

I hear three squeals from around me. Jazz has a wide smile on his face as he pulls his mask off. Keyon and Ethan are suddenly standing in front of me with their masks off.

"Our baby girl is in love!" They all whisper before all grabbing me in a bear hug.

I laugh and hear a throat cleared behind me.

The three boys pull away and bow towards our guest.

"This is a masquerade ball. Aren't you supposed to be wearing the masks?" The throat clearing voice asks.

I turn around and almost run into Alex. He looks me over and smiles as the three guys rush to set their masks on.

"May you be my first dance?" Alex asks.

I smile. "I may."

"Who did you dance with first?" Alex whispers low enough for only me to hear.

"Your brother. He is talented."

"Yes, father drilled it into us. We can probably do it in our sleep."

"I know the feeling." I murmer.

"Have you seen my father?"

"Not yet. All I do know about him is that he is in the castle. Actually-" I stay silent and listen for his heartbeat.

It is different than everyone else's. It is stronger than even Jasper's. That's what confuses me the most. A man his age shouldn't have a heart this strong. It's almost like he is a supernatural creature or an actual born hunter.

"-right out the doors." I finish off and hear the room become silent again.

We pause our conversation and look up to the top of the stairs.

The king is standing in his glory. He is wearing a black silk suit with a dark red tie.

It was his genius idea to have us five wear matching colors. No one else is wearing a dark red like us. I actually think we are the only ones who are wearing red.

Ethan and Keyon match with their gray suits, light blue ties, and wolf masks.

"Welcome to our masquerade ball! It is an honor to have you all here with us tonight. Trust me when I say I have a surprise for you all." The king announces. "Alex, Jasper, come up here."

Alex rolls his eyes and pulls away from me. We both hold back the urge to give each other a hug or a peck on the lips.

Jasper walks from the crowd and both brothers walk side by side up the stairs. Ethan and Keyon instantly take my sides as if in protection.

As Jasper and Alex stand beside their father, the queen, who I have barely met, walks into the room and by the king's side. She is also sporting a dark red dress but hers is more sophisticated than mine.

"As we all knew, my eldest, Alex, was married to Emma, a previous friend of ours. Sadly, while she was out on a trip, she was found out to be a traitor and was feeding our secrets to the other kingdoms, making us sound weak. She was also having a fling with the prince of another kingdom while she was married to my son. She was executed."

Good lie although half of that isn't wrong. I did execute her and she was having a fling.

"We recently found out this news four weeks ago. Thankfully, we have a backup, my original choice, for a lady for Alex. Alex is feeling the loss of his previous wife but he has been nervous to know is newly selected bride. Should we call the girl up and make him notice her?"

You son of a bitch!

The crowd all speaks in agreement. They want him to "meet" me.

Jasper and Alex get small smirks on their faces and it takes quite a bit of restraint to not growl at them.

Cocky bastards.

"Ashlynn, dear, come up here." The king announces.

I frown at the wrong name and notice three other girls move forward. I smile and hang back, wanting to know what the king will do.

"Ashlynn Demon." He clarifies.

I smile. He used the correct last name at least. I take a step forward with Ethan and Keyon right behind me. Everyone makes a walk way for me and watches me walk up to Alex.

I watch his face. When he notices it is me his eyes brighten up in joy. I hear a few 'aww's and cringe on the inside.

We should be feared not 'aww'ed!

"Are you two my bodyguards?" I tease Keyon and Ethan.

"How'd you know?" Ethan asks seriously.

I chuckle and walk up the steps.

"Ashlynn Demon is the choosen bride?" Alex asks in shock, completely acting and doing well at it.

I curtsy in front of the royal and see something black behind them all. I subtlety look behind them and see my father, smiling and clapping.

"I'm so proud of you being accepted by hunters. Something even I haven't accomplished. Maybe you are part of your mother."

Pride fills me at those words. He is proud of me, something I've always wanted.

Alex smiles at me and I instantly smile back, him gaining my attention. "Would you like to dance?"

"I would." I respond, taking his offered hand. Alex and I walk down the steps and into the center of the ballroom.

He pulls me close and rests his hand on my hip while his other hand grips my right. My left hand rests on his shoulder and the music slowly begins.

"Ready?" He asks, a small smile on his face.

"Yup, it is just a dance." I retort and we begin dancing.