0 » No One {Extended Summary}

{ e x t e n d e d • s u m m a r y }

What is the first thing you notice about someone?

It could be her pensive expression as she actually stops to smell the roses or her shocked silence as she walks out of the café or her distant gaze as she sits by the river. Maybe it's her solemn face as she pays her respects or her joyless smile as she hums a familiar tune or her limp body as she hangs from the noose.

Perhaps it is what she becomes to you.

(an anthology of oneshots centered around her; each written from a different perspective)

~*~*~*~*~*~

{ e p i g r a p h }

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
{Elie Wiesel}

{ d e d i c a t i o n }

Here's to the ones who care far too little in hopes that they become people who care far too much. The world needs more caring.

{ a c k n o w l e d g e m e n t s }

Thanks to God, first and foremost as always; to friends who've helped me along the way; and to the readers who read the first version, which, despite being so much fun to write and actually decent for my style back then, was still sore on the eyes, so here I am with a hopefully better version.

And lastly, thanks to Hails for making me feel horrible about my writing and the fact that I used the word "laugh" so often in the third chapter. I admit that I've been obsessing over your few careless comments, and I've decided now that enough is enough. I'm not letting your brash personality bother me anymore. I'm finally editing the "most depressing thing you've ever read." It's still going to be depressing—maybe even more so—but at the very least it's going to be decent writing. That was what I was asking you for help with as a fellow writer, but obviously we have different goals as writers. I want to improve my craft, not just talk about it.

{ w a r n i n g }

» character death (if you didn't guess by the summary), specifically suicide
» angst
» other depression/suicide triggers, maybe?

~*~*~*~*~*~

{ p r e f a c e }

Hopefully you all enjoy reading this version as much as the first. There isn't actually much in terms of plot (haha, what plot?) that is different, but I've fleshed out the point-of-views a little more. I'm trying to make the narrators as realistic as possible; they fell flat as characters in the original. Also, I'm trying to emphasize the actual theme of this anthology a little more. (See the epigraph for the theme.)

For those who are reading this for the first time, don't expect much continuity. The story is very disconnected, but this is because I wanted to try writing about one person from completely different perspectives. I hope this doesn't irritate any of you. I really love this anthology no matter what anyone says, so I hope you do, too.