•4•

2 weeks later

Remember when Hayley's moniter went a a couple weeks ago? Well luckily she's ok now. But today's the day she has surgery. I'm really nervous for her. I couldn't imagine life without not only my sister, but my best friend.

We had to leave the hospital during her surgery. And since I had missed a lot of gymnastics, I had to go.

"Mommy do I have to go!" I asked.

"Yes Annie you do," mommy said.

I slumped back in my seat and waited till we got to gymnastics.

When we got there everybody came up to me and gave me a big hug. The thing is, none of them know about Hayley. Not even Liv or Katie.

"Annie!" Squealed Liv and Katie at the same time.

I just glared at them. And from that instant, they knew something was wrong.

"Annie what's wrong?" Asked Liv.

I started crying. "Hayley has cancer and she has her surgery today and she might die!"

Katie and Liv gave me a hug. I saw mommy and coach Mary talking at the other end of the gym.

"I'm so sorry Annie!" Liv said.

I saw Katie standing with her head down. She and Hayley have pretty close too.

I went over and gave her another hug before we had to start.

First we did our warmups which were pretty easy today.

Then we got split into groups.

Me, Katie, and Liv got sent to bars together.

During my turn, I was to busy thinking about Hayley that I fell off the bar wrong and fell on my ankle.

When I landed, I heard a big crack in my ankle, and knew it was broken.

"Help!" I wailed.

"Annie!" Screamed Katie.

Liv and Katie came rushing over to me and so did coach Mary.

I cried the whole way to the hospital.

***********

Since we were already at the hospital, me and mommy decided to just stay there. Katie and Liv already left.

I got a blue cast for my ankle and I bad to wear crutches.

We were waiting in the waiting room. Hayley's surgery started while I was at gym.

I was whimpering softly to myself, with my head in my lap. I felt a hand rub my back. I looked up to see mommy.

"It's ok," she reassured me.

"You don't know that," I muttered to myself.

"What was that?" Mommy asked.

"Nothing," I said.

Caleb and daddy weren't with us. Caleb had a baseball game. He begged daddy to let him not go but daddy refused. Me and mommy didn't go though because of Hay Hay's surgery.

I sighed. I hope she's ok.

************

A few hours later the nurse came out of Hayley's room. She looked a little uneasy, and from that moment I knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong with her!" I demanded.

The nurse sighed. "Hayley is in a coma."

After hearing that, I swear my heart skipped a beat. I fell to the ground and my world went black. The last thing I heard were the screams of mommy.