6

Today's the day we see if Hayley will wake up. I'm really nervous.

We just got to the hospital and it's 9:50 and Hayley still hasn't woken up. I'm losing hope now but I won't give up. Not yet.

"What if she doesn't wake up," I whispered to mommy.

"Don't worry, she will," mommy reassured me, though I could tell she wasnt convinced.

We waited for what seemed like ages until the nurse came out. "I'm sorry but Hayley has not woken up," she said.

"No!" I wailed. "You can't shut the ventilator off! Not until I've said goodbye," I said, finishing in a whisper.

The nurse nodded and led us into Hayley's room. I waited until mommy, daddy, and Caleb were done before I went.

When it was my turn, I went over to beside Hayley's bed. I got on my knees andheld her hand.

"I couldn't have asked for a better sister," I whispered. "You're the best thing that happened to my life Hay. It won't be the same without you."

I felt a tear run down my cheek. I got up and kissed her forehead.

"You will always be with me in my heart," I whispered again. I let go of her hand and followed mommy, daddy and Caleb. Before I left, I turned around to look at my sister one last time.

"Forever," I whispered, before leaving.

The end! But wait... there's a epilouge!!! Sorry it was so short!