Chapter 12

Chapter 12

House Party

Spencer, Kassia, and me headed downstairs for breakfast. My mom was setting French Toast, bacon, and eggs on the table for us.

"Morning mom." I greeted.

"Morning Mrs. Hartlem." Spencer and Kassia greeted.

"Morning kids." She greeted back, with a smile. We sat down at the table and ate our breakfast. "So are you doing anything today?" My mom asked us as she sat down to eat her breakfast.

"We're going to a party tonight." I answered. "We're all going, but separately."

"Don't get into trouble."

"We won't mom."

Kassia and Spencer left after getting their things packed up. I cleaned up the living room for any mess we left behind. After, I put the air mattress away and sat on the couch to watch TV. I did all of my homework yesterday while I waited for nightfall. I flipped through channels looking for something to watch. I couldn't find anything so I turned the TV off and decided to study for Biology.

Marco's P.O.V*

I shopped online for some new shoes. Some of mine were falling apart. I got a couple of pairs and bought them. I shut off my computer and went downstairs. My mom was reading a book and Uncle Anton was talking on the phone to Aunt Nancy.

"Hey." I greeted no one in particular.

"Hey Marco." Uncle Anton greeted. I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch next to my mom.

"Hi mom,"

"Hey."

"So... Bailey wants to properly meet you. Last time, you had me kick her out. Can you do it next weekend?"

"I don't know if I like her. Her father practically threatened you."

"So, Bailey isn't like him. She's a lot different. You'll love her."

"Like you do?" I just stared at her. How does she know? And do I really love Bailey? We haven't even been going out that long.

"I don't love her mom. We haven't been going out that long."

"Believe what you want. But I'm your mother and I see things you don't."

"Whatever mom."

I got up and went back upstairs. I grabbed my sketch pad and began to draw. I drew my dad the way I remember him before he died. Uncle Anton and Dad used to look exactly alike. They'd probably still look exactly alike if my dad was still alive. After I drew Uncle Anton, I wanted a picture of my dad.

I drew about 10 pictures of my dad, by then it was 5:30. I closed my sketch book and set it back on my desk. I went to my closet and looked for something to wear. I pulled out a pair of jeans and a red graphic tee. After, I went into the bathroom to take a shower.

Bailey's P.O.V*

I took a quick nap after studying a little for Biology. When I woke up, it was 5:45. I quickly got up and ran upstairs. I looked through my closet for something to wear. I pulled out a dress I recently bought. It was black and white with weird designs. I slipped it on and found a simple black necklace that hung down low and put it on. I found some black heals that were a little comfortable and would last longer. I went into the bathroom to comb through my hair and to apply makeup. I put on mascara, eyeliner, a light Smokey eye, and light pink lip gloss. By the time I was finished, it was 6:15.